New Nissan Durability Survey – 13Mar2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairwoodRed

I had a new Nissan survery show up in my email this morning. Below is the text of the email and the text of the first page of the survey. It was interesting that this one was not specific to the Leaf as they ask about head gaskets and emission controls. Any section that you check leads to a follow up page asking for more details. I rated them harshly for the grabby brakes, thin paint, and lack of heater control.

Dear XXXXX,

Nissan North America would like to learn of your experience with your 2011 Nissan Leaf.

This survey contains questions related to the durability and dependability of your vehicle.

It is our hope that you have not experienced any problems or issues with your Leaf, however, if you have experienced an issue with your vehicle Nissan North America would like to know more.

This survey is a great opportunity to provide us with detailed information about the issue(s) you have experienced so we may better address these concerns moving forward.

If you have not had any concerns, please let us know so we can understand where we are doing well.

Please complete the following 10-20 minute survey which is being managed by Qualtrics, a survey platform used by Nissan.

Your feedback is important to us and will help determine ways to improve our vehicle quality and ultimately customer satisfaction.

Thank you,

Nissan North America

To take the survey please click on the link below:

If you had any problems with your car in the past 12 months that you considered SERIOUS because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime, select the appropriate box(es) for your car.

If you have not experienced any SERIOUS problems please select, "I have experienced No Serious Problems!"

INCLUDE PROBLEMS COVERED BY WARRANTY. DO NOT INCLUDE: 1) problems resulting from accident damage; or 2) recalls; or 3) replacement of normal maintenance items (brake pads,batteries) unless they were replaced much sooner or more often than expected.
• Accessories: Audio/Video/Navigation (excluding aftermarket systems) such as radio, speakers, antenna; cassette, CD, or DVD player; video screen, iPod & MP3 interfaces, SYNC; OnStar, Bluetooth; navigation system (GPS); backup camera/sensors
• Accessories: Power such as cruise control, clock, warning lights, body control module, keyless entry, wiper motor or washer, tire pressure monitor, interior or exterior lights, horn, gauges, 12V power plug, alarm or security system, remote engine starter
• Advanced Safety Systems: such as blind spot detection, lane departure warning system, adaptive cruise control; air bags including warning light, malfunction (not related to an accident)
• Body Hardware: Power or Manual such as windows, locks and latches, tailgate, hatch or trunk, doors or sliding doors, mirrors, seat controls (movement and temperature), seat belts, sunroof, convertible top, glass defects
• Body Paint and Exterior Trim such as paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), loose exterior trim or moldings, rust
• Body Squeaks, Rattles, Air & Water Leaks such as squeaks or rattles, seals and/or weather stripping, air or water leaks, loose interior trim and moldings, wind noise
• Brakes such as premature wear, pulsation or vibration, squeaking, master cylinder, calipers, rotors, antilock system (ABS), parking brake, brake failure
• Climate System such as blower (fan) motor, A/C compressor, condenser, evaporator, heater system, automatic climate control, refrigerant leakage, electrical failure
• Drive System such as traction control, stability control (ESC), driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, electrical failure
• Emissions/Fuel System such as check engine light, sensors (includes O2 or oxygen sensor), emission control devices (includes EGR), engine computer, fuel cap, fuel gauge/sender, fuel injection system, fuel pump, fuel leaks, stalling or hesitation
• Engine Cooling such as radiator, cooling fan, antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat; overheating
• Engine Electrical: Starting/Charging/Ignition such as alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related system, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs/wires failure
• Engine: Major such as engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain/belt
• Engine: Minor such as oil leaks, accessory belts and pulleys, engine mounts, engine knock or ping
• Exhaust System such as muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks
• Steering/Suspension such as shocks or struts, ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, alignment, steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), power steering (pumps and hoses, leaks), wheel balance, springs or torsion bars, bushings, electronic or air suspension
• Transmission and Clutch: Major such as transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, premature clutch replacement
• Transmission and Clutch: Minor such as gear selector or linkage, coolers and lines, rough shifting, slipping transmission, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, hydraulics (clutch master or slave cylinder)
• I have experienced "No Serious Problems!"
0% 100%

garygid said:
I have had no trouble and my LEAF has not been to a dealer in its 11.5 months with me.

So, the "repair/trouble" survey only took about one minute to complete.
+1
Also cleared the 12-month inspection this morning without a hitch!

Same here. If you don't have any issues, you skip right past all the details. I could have complained about losing Carwings until I reset it, but the intro said this was for "serious" problems, and ones that caused actual inconvenience. Plus, they reportedly have a fix for that issue anyway.

They also asked would I choose this car if I had the opportunity to do it again, to which the answer is, "Duh!" :D

I replied on our survey that we had no "serious" problems. However, I did report that it was a major "inconvenience" to lose a tire to a pothole and then discover that no replacement tires were locally available, even at the Nissan dealer. Our Leaf was out of service for more than 2 days -- an inconvenience because it happened close to home and we had a backup vehicle. The consequences of not having a convenient spare or replacement tire may be a serious problem for someone else. Other than that, we have had zero maintenance issues.

HighDesertDriver said:
I replied on our survey that we had no "serious" problems. However, I did report that it was a major "inconvenience" to lose a tire to a pothole and then discover that no replacement tires were locally available, even at the Nissan dealer.
I wanted to do something similar about tires, but once I said I had no serious problems they seemed anxious to get rid of me, and I didn't see a good place to bring up tires. The one place I did make some comments was on the "Would you do it again" question. There were no options between "probably" and "probably not". I wanted to say "yes and no", and guessed that if I said "probably not" they would want me to explain. So I did, and they did, and I gave them quite a dissertation.

Ray

No serious problems, a few minor issues that are actually a lot less than I expected for a first generation EV. Survey didn't take much time. :D

Back