The ultimate Charging Etiquette Faux-Pas?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naw, I'd say the ultimate is an ICE owner who just runs the cable under the hood to make it "look" like they're charging. It happens.

Nubo said:
Naw, I'd say the ultimate is an ICE owner who just runs the cable under the hood to make it "look" like they're charging. It happens.

Yup. All those common under-the-hood J1772 connector locations lol.

You have to be a bit cautious if you are going to accuse someone of not following etiquette.
I had just plugged in my Leaf at an L2 EVSE, locked my door and started walking to the mall, when I noticed a Ford Energi CMax approaching slowly.. I nodded and he started rolling down his window.
So I walked over and he says "Are you going to plug in or just park there?"

To which I replied.. "I am plugged in..." ;-)

Probably worth making sure someone isn't plugged in before you challenge them..

That said, I approved of the fact that he was willing to do that.. ;-)
Just hope he is more thorough next time..

desiv

Nubo said:

Nothing surprises me with ICE owners, like the guy challenged about parking at a EVSE at McDonalds in an ICE SUV. "My car has a battery too" and walks off.

I find EV owners doing the same to be more egregious. ICE owners haven't had to be on the receiving end and may rationalize it as no big deal. As EV owners we know better, so it's worse in my book. Maybe it's just me.

JP

Back