Insurance quote

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonewild

I just called Progressive and got a quote as follows. $228.50 for a 6 months policy

Comprehensive
$100,000 each person/$300,000 each accident
Deductible $500
Glass coverage $0 deductible.
Roadside assistance.
Rental $30.00 a day 30 days.

Liability
$15,000 each person/$30,000 each accident

Property Damage Liability
Full Comprehensive

yep i got one from Farmers for $150 and its pretty much the same as yours for coverage. that is more than 50% lower than my 2010 Pri. i dont really trust it. i will see when the car is delivered

DaveinOlyWA said:
yep i got one from Farmers for $150 and its pretty much the same as yours for coverage. that is more than 50% lower than my 2010 Pri. i dont really trust it. i will see when the car is delivered
That seems incredibly low to me. I'm wondering if I'm actually paying way too much for my auto insurance.

Gonewild said:
I just called Progressive and got a quote as follows. $228.50 for a 6 months policy

Comprehensive
$100,000 each person/$300,000 each accident
Deductible $500
Glass coverage $0 deductible.
Roadside assistance.
Rental $30.00 a day 30 days.

Liability
$15,000 each person/$30,000 each accident

Property Damage Liability
Full Comprehensive

Wow! That's only about $38/mo. I'm paying around $20/mo. now for my 2000 Honda Civic, so if they charge me higher than yours, I'm going to switch!

Mostly Dave's "quote" from Farmers.

Your Progressive "quote" seems "rather good". See it they will send it in writing, and not raise the rate for the first year.

Does anybody have experience with Progressive?

They wanted a LOT more than Geico to insure my E-Motorcycle.

They told my the quote is good for 30 days. And that if I call they will just add it to my policy it is not an estimate.

gasmiser1 said:
$960 per year with State Farm(tentitive approx. quote), since they need the VIN. 100/300/50 with excellent driving record and excellent credit. Both drivers are 50 + 51 years old.

That's the incremental cost on top of the existing coverage for the 3 cars in your sig, which presumably already has similar liability limits? That seems like a lot extra. Or is that a standalone quote for two drivers and the one car?

rates are dependent upon several factors most of which have nothing to do with you, your driving record or the car you drive.

the formula is VERY complicated and they start your rates by using the amount paid out in claims for OTHER drivers who live in your neighborhood.

so all you need for high rates is to live near crummy or careless drivers.

as far as my rates go, i still question the $150 quote i got. she struggled with it forever and i think its at best a guess. on my 2010 Prius, the rates are around $240 to $280 or so. i have 3 cars and renters insurance on it. so the break downs are approximate. but the other car, the primary driver is my SO, she is a lot younger than i am and her rates are around $420 give or take and that is for 2006 Prius, same coverages. i will get a new rate quote for jan-july. i will check it out. it always changes. sometimes up, sometimes down, but never much more than about $20-40 over 6 months combined.

Try using this apparently-valid VIN from a Test-Drive LEAF:
** NO, WRONG ** JN1AZ0CP7BT000082 (all "0" are zeros)

EDIT: should be JN1AZ0CP5BT000082
(check digit 5, not 7)

for getting a quote from your insurance company?

Only the serial number (the last 6 digits) and the checksum
digit (the "7" (correction, the "5") above, before the "BT") vary in all the other VINs
that have been reported so far.

Serials 000151 through 000265 have been reported.

garygid said:
JN1AZ0CP7BT000082 (all "0" are zeros).

It might be too early for these, Gary. I just tried a couple of on-line VIN check sites - including CarFax - and this VIN is either not yet recognized or reported with a bad check digit.

AndyH said:
garygid said:
JN1AZ0CP7BT000082 (all "0" are zeros).

It might be too early for these, Gary. I just tried a couple of on-line VIN check sites - including CarFax - and this VIN is either not yet recognized or reported with a bad check digit.

VIN data is "embargoed" until car official sales dates. The companies already have them in their systems, they just can't do anything with them until the vehicle is officially on sale.

valkraider said:
VIN data is "embargoed" until car official sales dates. The companies already have them in their systems, they just can't do anything with them until the vehicle is officially on sale.

Its Official....http://www.facebook.com/nissanleaf?v=app_109375255803127

Back