Insurance quote

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyH said:
garygid said:
Try using this apparently-valid VIN from a Test-Drive LEAF:
JN1AZ0CP7BT000082 (all "0" are zeros).
It might be too early for these, Gary. I just tried a couple of on-line VIN check sites - including CarFax - and this VIN is either not yet recognized or reported with a bad check digit.
We'll either need another VIN, or more time for the VIN data to 'bubble thru' the system. My insurance company couldn't work with this LEAF VIN.

Please check the VIN you entered. Most VINs have 17 characters. Replace the letter I with the number 1. Replace the letter O with a zero. If your VIN has less than 17 characters, please call us to complete your transaction.

I doubt if any ins company would have info this "early".

When I got my 2010 Prius they just used 2009 rates to vet me coverage right away since they wont let u take the car off the lot in this state without insurance. Coverage and then they adjusted it a few weeks later

garygid said:
My fault, I copied from an incorrectly reported VIN.
Apparenyly the check digit should be 5, not 7, so try:
JN1AZ0CP5BT000082
No joy, Gary, with my insurance company or Carfax.

http://www.decodethis.com/
http://www.carfax.com/

This decoder breaks most of the VIN, but can't identify the model or 'engine'.
http://www.autocalculator.org/Free-VIN-lookup.aspx
leaf_vin.jpg

Just a normal part of the 'new model' fun, that's all. :lol:

At least it is a valid check digit, and the meaning of the "AZ0CP" that has been used by Nissan for the LEAF is not yet disrtibuted to databases.

For example, the "A" has some engine types already assigned to it, but the "EM..." for the LEAF is apparently not yet generally known.

A good question for Nissan, "When will the VIN "AZ0CP" details be released?".

ok just got new rate quotes for next 6 months starting Jan 3rd. they went up surprise!!

now as far as what i pay exactly. my 2010 Prius is $282 with uninsured motorist @ $40. hmm which i thought was per car but i see its not charged on the 2006, so i am editing post... reading these statements are a joke...

now i get discounts off that for multi-car, multi policy auto/renter and EFT with means my premiums are deducted automatically. so best guess is that i am paying "around $240ish for the 2010 so that makes the $150 quote for the Leaf pretty hard to believe.

based on range, i am guessing it would be a bit lower. well we will see.

ew I pay that much for my 7-year old Matrix (I'm a little, ahem, accident prone--but I'm determined to change that!). I have Mercury and they were not able to give me a quote yet but said that it will probably be more b/c the cost of the car is more.

Wow, I think that's cheap. We pay $188/mo. for both a 2005 Scion xB and 2009 smart fortwo in Northern California. We're married, ages 34 and 39. Each with a minor accident that was the other person's fault (i.e., getting side-swiped in the mall parking lot), and each with a speeding ticket on I-5 (about 1/2 mile outside of where the speed changes from 65 to 70 mph -- if you can see the sign, shouldn't that mean the speed limit has increased? ;) ). We get discounts with Nationwide for having our homeowner's, auto, umbrella, and identity theft insurance. After our tickets last year, it went up about $30/mo to where it is now.

Edit to add - we live in a city with high theft rates. When we moved here, our rates went up.

Well rates are based a
On claims in my area. We have much less traffic so that helps. My SO who is a lot younger than me and has no wrecks pays almost double my rates. She drives the 2006 pri and pays $424 every 6 months.

I just got a call from my state farm guy.

He said they still don't have a group classification for the leaf (thats why he didnt get back to me right away), so he just quoted based on cost of the vehicle.

$65/month for 100/300 $500 deduct

I'm only paying $58/mo for the same exact coverage on a 2001 grand cherokee so I can't see how that can be.

He said if when I take delivery they still don't have a group, this is what I'd pay for the first 6 months and then they would adjust after 6 months.

Oh and with the multicar discount, and driving the jeep <7500 miles a year (easy), my jeep will go down to $40/month.

turbo2ltr said:
$65/month for 100/300 $500 deduct
I'm only paying $58/mo for the same exact coverage on a 2001 grand cherokee so I can't see how that can be.

Wow! Maybe you should find another insurer? We have a 2009 Corolla and a 2000 Honda Civic GX and for BOTH it is only $60/mo.

Maybe I should. Though that sounds ridiculously low. (I'm 37 and single...ladies? ;) ) Those policies are for the higher minimum liability? I guess my SUV can inflict more property damage than a civic and corolla combined. lol.

Don't forget your location is a major factor in this.

My insurance on my 99 Nissan pathfinder was $48 per month.

Then I moved. Now I must pay $90.

I guess people run into a lot in my new neighborhood.

Back