Insurance quote

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have been great to me. I've been with them for something like 30 years for autos, house, and liability umbrella and they have always been competitive and treated me well. I've checked all the other including USAA and Auto Club, and no one has ever been able to touch them in price with all the discounts I have racked up over the years...

smkettner said:
State Farm is on my lifetime list to never do business with if possible

mogur said:
They have been great to me. I've been with them for something like 30 years for autos, house, and liability umbrella and they have always been competitive and treated me well. I've checked all the other including USAA and Auto Club, and no one has ever been able to touch them in price with all the discounts I have racked up over the years...

smkettner said:
State Farm is on my lifetime list to never do business with if possible

i guess, it all really depends on many factors, but for me personally State Farm had the highest rate. I went with Pemco and stayed with them for about 4 years (the longest I've ever had insurance with one carrier) where I much prefer their 1 year plan.

Maybe I'm just sticking my head in the sand, but I don't even bother comparing insurance rates. My theory is that most insurance companies are money traps that exist to feed their investors. Because of that I long ago settled on a non-profit, AAA, and have stuck with them. I figure that even if their rates were to be the same or higher (not that I know whether they are) it would be because they are providing better service.

I received a quote just for the LEAF ($480/YR) the other day from my present auto ins. (Colorado Casualty) and this is for both cars and home ( $900/YR):
100/300 all around (liability, property, under and uninsured)
$1000 ded. collision
$500 ded. comprehensive except $0 ded. on glass.

For another (relative) quote: AAA (California AAA) covered my new Leaf for only $84 annually more than my 2003 Honda Civic. This coverage was by far the best rate around for me.

Wawanesa
San Diego

$963/year for 50/100/300 Liability, Comprehensive w/$200 deductible, Collision $300 deductible.

This is twice as much as a V6 RAV4 and four times a V6 Camry, so clearly they don't like the Leaf much!

I'm going shopping.

Southern States AAA quote was: $356/year for 50/100/300 Liability, Comprehensive w/$1000 deductible, Collision $1000 deductible, uninsured motorists. Location is Zipcode 37027; drivers 67 and 54, no tickets, no wrecks, no warrants, no previous criminal records, no dui's, Fico scores 750, many guns. Remember that the insurance companies check your fico score (credit score) and charge more for lower fico scores, usually lower than 700 have a premium.

insurance is definitely higher. i went from $224 on a $30,000 2010 Prius with solar every 6 months to $320 on the Leaf. apparently the "green" discount not significant here

Back