California Leaf Registration

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wennfred

Got my DMV registration today, 214.00 for the 2011 Leaf, $38.00 of it... I believe is for the personalize plates.

What are you guys paying? Does it average 214.00? ESP in the San Diego area.

Fred

Just renewed a bit ago....My LEAF was purchased on 1/4/11, and of course, the registration is based on the new price of the vehicle and then a sliding scale as the vehicle ages...

$297 total
Registration Fee $70
License Fee $152
Special Plate Fee $68
County / District Fee $7

I know it's kind of off topic since I'm not from California, but in Iowa it's a flat $25 fee for EV's no matter what year it is. That's the only perk Iowa offers is the $25 registration (plate) fee. No incentive when buying or leasing the vehicle.

I purchased my LEAF on 3/31/2013.
I didn't receive a registration renewal form yet, but received an incomplete application form.
It says, "ADDITIONAL FEE OF $ 268.00 IS DUE FOR RENEWAL"

I tried going on CA DMV website to renew, but it says my license and VIN is invalid
Did anyone get this or anyone familiar with this situation?

It has a generated fees:
01 CURR RF 43.00
02 CURR CHP 24.00
03 CURR VLF 188.00
04 CURR SAFE 1.00
05 CURR FID 1.00
06 CUR AUTO/DUI 1.00
07 CURR ABN VEH 1.00
08 CURR AIR QLT 6.00
09 ALF FUEL RF 3.00

Those fees are the breakdown of your total costs and are quite normal. I don't know why you didn't receive an official renewal notice, but the $268 sounds about right.

You can go on the DMV website and look up your car's registration information and even print out the renewal notice. http://www.dmv.ca.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back