Extended warranty needed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbox409

I just leased a Leaf S, 36 months and 15k a year. Should I buy extended warranty when I am approaching 35k miles? If so, where would be a good place to get it?

Based on my experience - I would say absolutely not. Only part to fail for me was the power window switch. Other than that - just rotate the tires every 7500 miles. Alignment has even held up.

Most trouble free car I've owned.

TaylorSFGuy said:
Based on my experience - I would say absolutely not. Only part to fail for me was the power window switch. Other than that - just rotate the tires every 7500 miles. Alignment has even held up.

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to do the rotation at the dealership? or can I do that myself.

xbox409 said:
TaylorSFGuy said:

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to do the rotation at the dealership? or can I do that myself.

Anywhere. I do it myself, but my local America's Tire shop does it for free.

xbox409 said:
Skip the extended warranty. Take the car to Discount Tires, and they will rotate the tires gratis.

xbox409 said:
TaylorSFGuy said:

Do it yourself or take it to a tire shop. There is absolutely nothing you have to take your car to dealer for (including the battery test), and you can't have your warranty voided for using a third party (or yourself) for maintenance. The only exception is if a warrantied part was damaged by a third party or yourself, then you obviously can't expect Nissan to fix it.

You should perform normal maintenance when necessary, but don't feel you're under any obligation to take your car to the dealer for maintenance.

[rant]Dealerships exist because of corporatism (the mingling of business with government). Without government making it illegal for manufacturers to sell vehicles directly to customers (thanks to dealer lobbying), the market would have done away with them. See Tesla Motors battle with states like Texas. [/rant]

kubel said:
There is absolutely nothing you have to take your car to dealer for (including the battery test)
You are right, except that very few people other than dealers have the equipment required for the battery check. Besides, the warranty manual says dealers (but not anyone else) have to give you the first two free, and you don't need a third one on a 36 month lease, no matter how many miles you drive.

Ray

Back