First New England CHAdeMO?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markbb99

Is this the first going to be the first CHAdeMO charging station in New England?

http://www.pr.com/press-release/495237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone know of any other CHAdeMO charging stations planed for New England? Any Nissan dealers planning to add a CHAdeMO charging station?

If there is any truth to this info, this makes me the happiest VTer ever! This is VERY Exciting. :)

markbb99 said:
Does anyone know of any other CHAdeMO charging stations planed for New England?

From what I read on a Quebec site, there are plans for a total of four dual-standard L3 chargers in Vermont, including the one you mention.

The first two will be in Williston (South of Burlington) and Rutland. From the same source, they cost $30,000 each.

As for North of New England, apparently there will be nothing in Quebec until at least Q2 next year. Some people may remember seeing a L3 on plugshare in Boucherville, just South-East of Montreal. It's still there, but turned off.

Massachusetts ends up beating out Vermont, thanks to installation at Nissan dealers.

According to Quebec sources, Green Power is having trouble finding hosts for their dual-standard DCQCs in Vermont.

Meanwhile, Quebec finally has a DCQC (single-standard CHAdeMO). For an introductory period it is $2.50 per session.

The station is in Boucherville, just South of Montreal. http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/16301

That's great! I remember seeing that on PlugShare before, then it disappeared, and now it's back!

I don't know why VT is having a hard time. Thought they'd be into it. Brattleboro only has one L2, been there for like 8 months now, and it's STILL not up and running. Not another L2 in all of southern VT.

The only L2 in SW NH, at Keene Nissan, has terrible check-in stories of people being chased away!

In Plattsburgh NY, at Garrand's Nissan, there's a check-in post from a Tesla driver saying, "Unless you own a leaf, do NOT go here. They have ridiculous rates. $50.00 for every 3 hours!" and that's on L2.

So, if I ever make it the 350 miles (about one charge for a Tesla) to Montreal, I'll be happy to pay $2.50!

If NY gets some QC along 87, that might work for me. What's up NY?

Update: As of about two weeks ago, Freedom Nissan in South Burlington, Vermont has one of those 100 nifty CHADEMO charging stations operational! :)

Kelly Nissan in Woburn MA has one now too!
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/18687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I tried it a couple weeks ago

I wrote to Green Mountain Power in Vermont.

They admitted that the installation of the first two DC Quick Chargers they purchased has been delayed, but they plan to install a total of seven of them in 2014.

Sweet! 7 Quick Chargers will more than do the job for a small state like VT, EVen with a winter driving range of 50-65 miles of range per charge on the LEAF! I'm proud of how much Vermont is leading the way in many ways.
:)

Sorry to post this twice, but think we should consolidate New England CHAdeMO news here.

Found a contact name for CT DOT in one of the early check ins at the Darien SC site and emailed this:

Recently, two CHAdeMOs were installed at the Darien rest stop on 95S, adjacent to the Tesla Super Chargers. Rumor has it that CT will install CHAdeMOs at all 20 highway rest areas. Is that correct? Can you point me to a link for that, perhaps with a tentative timetable?

Got this in reply:

Thank you for your inquiry. There are no plans for EV chargers in all of the commercial service plazas and rest areas at this time. The State is presently working on additional chargers in select locations, with public announcements forthcoming.

The CHAdeMO chargers in the I-95 SB Darien service plaza have been activated for testing at this time - your feedback is welcome.

Thank you for your interest,
Rick

Richard C. Hanley, P.E.
Transportation Engineer - Strategic Planning & Projects

Connecticut Department of Transportation
2800 Berlin Turnpike - Room 2318
P.O. Box 317546
Newington, CT 06131-7546 USA

MA is on track to install 15 DCQC, possibly dual CHAdeMO/Frankenplug, in the near future (details when I get them), most likely at highway rest stops, possibly near major route intersections.

UMass Amherst will have a public CHAdeMO operational in about 3 weeks, across from the Enterprise Car Rental office on campus. Needs a ChargePoint card as it will collect a parking fee.

Enterprise will then move its four LEAF rentals there from Northampton.

Is this the best thread for updates to New England CHAdeMO installations? I'm thinking of a better thread, but can't seem to find it for the time-being.

In any case, Connecticut has recently published an "Air Bureau Direction for 2014," which includes a "ZEV Action Plan."

http://www5.cbia.com/epc/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-for-CBIA-Jan-17.pdf

Notable content:

1) Page 12, under "6-month Deliverables: $1M SEP Funds are slated for highway fast chargers.
2) Page 16: Maps of proposed and existing Charging Stations. Unfortunately, they only included stations proposed as of October 2013, so what we are most interested in, the locations of the planned DCQC are NOT shown.
3) Page 17: Map of proposed and existing Hydrogen stations.

Took down CHAdeMO listed mistakenly on PS at Schneider Electric in West Kingston RI, as per Tom Meyers at that facility, there isn't one, just two 208v L2s available to office visitors

Congratulations on joining the CHAdeMO club. It really makes it easy to take substantially longer trips. The plug is a bit clunky but once you get the hang of it it is as easy as gas refills. It is also tested and safe unlike some of those CCS Combo connectors. We will see over time how well they hold up to actual use.

Around the SF Bay area we now have enough CHAdeMO chargers that we can travel to all the secondary metro areas around us with no worries. Makes the car loads more useful. Where originally good to take on 90 percent of trips... now it is very close to 100. I only take my gasser when more than 4 folks are going or time is critical. Some of ours are even still free to use( I'd bet not for much longer though).

Back