First New England CHAdeMO?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graycenphil said:
charge said:
I went to the CVS L3 in CT. Buried under snow but it worked.

Where is that CVS? Do you need a card to use it?

West Haven, CT. You do not need a card. You can call chargepoint and give them a CC. However, having a chargepoint card is much easier

I used the L3 charger at the Darien rest stop twice so far - there are two of them and the one furthest from the end does not work right (trips to reset), the other fine.

I've been in email contact with an engineer working on the Hooksett NH welcome station rebuild. I knew Tesla guys were pushing hard to get a supercharger at that location. So I wrote to emphasis the need to serve all EVs. I suggested, if space and $$ allowed, to install several options (Supercharger, CHADEMO, SAE CCS, high amp J1772). If only one option, it should be CHADEMO. Properly equipped LEAFs, iMEVs, and Teslas could use that.

I'll keep my eye out on this one and post if I learn more

UMass Amherst's CHAdeMO now costs $5.00/hr, $1.00 minimum, but it's prorated to your connection time. I paid $2.87 for 34 minutes and 26 seconds, 10.9 kWhs. That saved me about 2.5 hours on L2 in Northampton. I think that's a fair rate.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
UMass Amherst's CHAdeMO now costs $5.00/hr, $1.00 minimum, but it's prorated to your connection time. I paid $2.87 for 34 minutes and 26 seconds, 10.9 kWhs. That saved me about 2.5 hours on L2 in Northampton. I think that's a fair rate.

good news. Not even prorated to the nearest dollar. that will encourage responsible charging.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Ridgeway Shopping Center in Stamford CT now shows a Nissan DCQC on PS.

This one, along with one that showed up on PS on the same day at a Holiday Inn in NJ both now have comments saying the stations aren't actually there. I wonder if Nissan is listing planned stations?

Yeah, Maple the LEAF couldn't find it. The two other new Nissan dealers may be coming, someone will visit soon hopefully.

I just took down a CHAdeMO listing at Schneider Electric in RI that I checked myself a couple weeks ago, and the staff there have no plans for one. Don't know how it got re-listed.

NYLEAF said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

This one, along with one that showed up on PS on the same day at a Holiday Inn in NJ both now have comments saying the stations aren't actually there. I wonder if Nissan is listing planned stations?

New QC showing on PS at Bill Dodge Nissan, Saco ME, near Portland, needs confirmation.

As for Nissan's involvement, just had this exchange with BBrockman:

Me:

Hello Mr. Brockman,

Nissan's posting of new and soon to be installed QCs to PlugShare is working very well for us, thank you. It's much easier than having to find and post them on our own. Here in southern New England, we're very happy with the rate they're getting installed, and looking forward to more in future. Good strategy to get infrastructure in place before the competition.

Sorry to bother you again, but I have one small request. Could you ask the LEAF person at dealers where a QC goes in to post a photo of it on PlugShare? That would give us confidence that there is no error, and save us a step of confirmation. It would be good for the dealership staff as well, you'd be surprised how many of them aren't aware of PlugShare.

Hope you're still enjoying your own LEAF.

Brian:

Thanks for the note and ongoing feedback. I passed along the thank you to the small team that has been collecting the info and populating PlugShare with the dealer QC information. Sorry for my delayed response. However, in talking with them, it sounds like they are trying to do precisely what you've asked. There's some value to us having that image when a charger is activated, and we know that there is clearly value to LEAF drivers as well.

That said, I don't expect they'll get 100% compliance from here forward, but that is their goal.

Life with LEAF is good here in Tennessee!

Cheers,

Brian

DNAinaGoodWay said:

I checked this out - as of a few days ago, it's there in the garage by Wine Port next to ShopRite but not activated yet.

photo_2.jpg

photo_1_2.jpg

Wow, that adapter isn't even publicly available yet. Is this what we're going to find when it is? Imagine a Tesla driver parking at one of the few CHAdeMOs in the area and treating it like a Level 2 station, parking for 2 hours and seeing a movie while they charge up at a "slow" 50kW.

Does anyone think that adapter could be hacked to allow SAE Combo-equipped cars (Spark, i3) to use CHAdeMO stations?

NYLEAF said:
Does anyone think that adapter could be hacked to allow SAE Combo-equipped cars (Spark, i3) to use CHAdeMO stations?

Tesla is asking $1,000 as a pre-order price for that adapter. Many Model S owners think it's too expensive, so I can't see a lot of Spark EV and i3 drivers paying for a similar one.

Berlino said:
NYLEAF said:

Tesla is asking $1,000 as a pre-order price for that adapter. Many Model S owners think it's too expensive, so I can't see a lot of Spark EV and i3 drivers paying for a similar one.

Except they are driving cars with batteries a quarter the size of a Tesla, with no SuperChargers to rely on, and basically no SAE Combo stations to use, either. I see it being a poor investment for most Tesla drivers, since SuperCharging is so much faster (plus free, and no expensive adapter needed), but I could really see some Spark and i3 drivers wanting this.

Well, CHAdeMOs will be in many more locations than SCs, so you can expect more of this in future. We'll have to find a way to share.

The QC at Bill Dodge Nissan in Saco, ME has disappeared, must still be in a box.

The QC in Manchester,CT is gone from plugshare as well. Hope it comes back. Need that one for the home to Worcester MA run

Back