Is tire rotation/7500 miles mandatory for 3-yr lease?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacsac

My understanding is that the diagnostic check on EV battery is the only essential warranty requirement. What if I don't rotate tires in 3 years? Any potential additional charge when the lease ends? Thanks.

As far as I know, you are responsible to have proper, serviceable tires on the car when you turn it in, or you will incur a penalty. I don't think Nissan cares how you get there, as long as you do...
From what I've heard, many people do not make it to the end of their lease on the OEM Ecopias, and some report the Michelins to not be much better.
I have the Michelins on my FFE, (different size and rating than the Leaf) and I'm tracking the wear to see if it appears they will make it. If it looks like they may not, I'll likely change them out before they get too low, drive on something I like better, and have the Michelins put back on right before I turn it in. So far I have about 20% of my miles traveled, and have treadwear that amounts to 10% of what I can afford to lose. From the measurements I have taken, I will need to rotate my tires to get to the end of my lease, the fronts are wearing faster than the rears.

They'll check to see that the tires have a minimum tread depth that I can't remember at the moment. They either do or they don't. I was worried because I had only needed to replace two tires, and ended up with two Michelins and two original tires on the car. I was ready to have them tell me that I had to make them all the same, but the inspector didn't say anything.

Latest posts

Back