Why no status avail for EV stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironmanco

Why can't I log onto EVgo/NRG/Plugshare etc, and see the status of a station realtime? Can I assume that Tesla already has this? Are there other networks that implement this already?

I use the Plugshare app to see the status of NRG EVgo stations. They seem updated real time to me, within a couple minutes at least.

I wish NRG EVgo had tracking on their site to see how much you've used like Chargepoint.

I was using their web interface and filtering on "in-use stations". I guess that doesn't work because I find it hard to believe that not a single station in the state of Colorado is in use :)

ironmanco said:
I was using their web interface and filtering on "in-use stations". I guess that doesn't work because I find it hard to believe that not a single station in the state of Colorado is in use :)
My experience with NRG/EVGo in Washington makes me believe that they are seldom used because they are so unreliable. Most EV owners will opt for a different brand if available. I no longer bother with any NRG stations. Even Blink treats me better.

JohnBike said:
ironmanco said:

My experience with NRG/EVGo in Washington makes me believe that they are seldom used because they are so unreliable. Most EV owners will opt for a different brand if available. I no longer bother with any NRG stations. Even Blink treats me better.

I don't know about WA, but I've never found one broken in my limited experience with them in SoCal, and they tend to get decent ratings in PlugShare.

However they are expensive (particularly for QC) which is why so far I have never had to wait when I pull up to one.

Could the filter selection of 'in-use' be instructing the app to filter out the stations that are in use and thereby only show the ones that might be available? Just a thought, I can't say I'm real familiar with that app as I rarely charge away from home.

Back