Clipper Creek EVSE's Grid Specific?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWhite

I recently took delivery of a Clipper Creek HCS-40P EVSE which is working great.

I noticed on the ID label on the box that it said "TN GRID" See Photo below.

Are the Clipper Creek EVSE's manufactured to meet specific state grid requirements? If you move out of state what's the impact? I thought electricity was electricity.

JP

TNGrid.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u4mnfrdi4flcn2/TNGrid.PNG?dl=0

mwalsh said:
^ TN Grid = the most common grid form used in public utility grids, where the neutral point or center point of the source is grounded.

Just a coincidence that you're in Tennessee.

Ha ha, glad that is all that it is :)

Thanks for the info.

Found this by Googling, basically it is a grounded neutral system, which is what is used virtually everywhere in the world.

TN System
The most common grid configuration is the TN system (French: Terre Neutre). Here, the neutral point of the source is
grounded. The neutral conductor of the system is connected to this neutral point. The exposed conductive parts of the
connected loads are connected with the grounded neutral point of the source via protective conductors. A distinction is
made between the TN-C system (French: Terre Neutre Combiné) and the TN-S system (French: Terre Neutre Séparé).
In the TN-C system the PEN conductor is a combination of the grounding conductor and the neutral conductor.
In the TN-S system the neutral conductor and the grounding conductor are separate.

A hybrid form is common in extended utility grids with the TN-C system being used from the source while the TN-S system
is limited to the load system. This form is known as TN-C-S system (French: Terre Neutre Combiné Séparé).
Advantages of the TN system:
• Low-resistance protective connections allow for a reliable execution of simple protective measures under fault
conditions.
Circuit breakers automatically disconnect the voltage source from the distribution grid under fault conditions.
• Only one ground electrode is required.
The TN-S system is thus the preferred grid configuration for a new off-grid system.

Back