Leasing in Atlanta - 2 questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakespop

New to the Leaf community and wanting to get the best deal on 2 cars.

What's the Best Lease Deal on 2014 or 2015 around Atlanta, GA

Also,
Can someone please explain the tax credit for me. I've read it a few times and am still confused. Need a Tax Credit for Dummies version

Thanks

jakespop said:
New to the Leaf community and wanting to get the best deal on 2 cars.

What's the Best Lease Deal on 2014 or 2015 around Atlanta, GA

Also,
Can someone please explain the tax credit for me. I've read it a few times and am still confused. Need a Tax Credit for Dummies version

Thanks

In Atlanta, you will not find a 2014 on the lot absent a miracle. For 2015's the tax credit is 7500 federal (automatically applied to your lease price) and a 5000 state credit. The state credit is a credit against your total tax bill on your return. If your income isn't enough to take the credit in one year, it can carry forward to future years and gets applied to those years as well.

Best deals - Athens seems to have the best quotes I've seen so far whether or not VPP. Also, Town Center seems competitive - ask for a guy named Mohamed there and tell him you heard about him online.

Oh, VPP. If your employer is a Nissan partner of some sort (certain customers and vendors), then you can get an even better price. That's why you'll see prices quoted as VPP and non-VPP. visit insidenissan.com for more info.

If you owe $1000 and you prepaid $1200 (in taxes withheld through the year):
- Without the tax credit, you get $200 back.
- With the tax credit, you get $1200, and the remaining $3800 credit rolls over for the next two years. [WRONG]
Correction:
- With the tax credit, you get $2200 (what you owed + what you prepaid), and the remaining $4000 rolls over for the next two years.

asemeco said:
If you owe $1000 and you prepaid $1200 (in taxes withheld through the year):
- Without the tax credit, you get $200 back.
- With the tax credit, you get $1200, and the remaining $3800 credit rolls over for the next two years.
I don't think this is correct. Your EV credit would be used to pay your tax liability ($1000). You would get a refund for $2200, your prepayment plus the amount of credit you used. Then you would have $4000 of credit left for following years.

Another example: if you had $5000 in tax liability, and had only prepaid $1000, you would get $1000 back and your credit would be used up.

My experience should not be taken as tax advice but for the 2013 tax year, not only did I receive a refund in state taxes that I overpaid (over-withheld), I also received the $5000 credit since it was covered by my GA tax liability.

Every dealer I've visited seems to have a flat monthly payment plan. they claim it makes it easy for everyone to see the costs

Here is an example (12K miles / 3 yr)
VPP pricing
Model S w Quick Charge - 269 non VPP $299
No QC - 239 non VPP $269

For 15K miles - add $22

They have same chart for SV and SL

So... what can I do to try to negotiate these prices or is it fixed?

@jakespop

I agree, I got the same number for 36 months, $269 for S with QC and $239 for S with NO QC. All pricing is for VPP and all taxes included.

I am more interested in 24 month lease for Leaf S with QC.

The lowest I got is $288 (all taxes included) per month for Leaf S with QC for 24 months. For Leaf S with NO QC, it is $249. All pricing is for VPP, since pretty much all employers are included in VPP.

Can anybody else share what quotes they are getting for September.

This past weekend, I visited one of the dealers (claiming to be the largest dealer in Atlanta metro) and had really bad experience with the finance manager.

Not sure if the pricing fixed, but there is always room for little negotiation.

Unfortunately I'm not VPP so that is why i asked the question about negotiating for a better deal. I've seen other posts stated they got better than VPP pricing but how?

jakespop said:
Unfortunately I'm not VPP so that is why i asked the question about negotiating for a better deal. I've seen other posts stated they got better than VPP pricing but how?

I negotiated down to a $247 monthly payment with $0 up front (including first month's payment), for a 3 year, 36k mile lease, on an S without WC. Of course, I'm in Dallas and that was last month. It probably depends on the market, but I think you will find dealers more willing to negotiate when September 27-30 rolls around.

I suggest that you update your profile with your location, so that people don't have to research to find out where you are.

jakespop said:
billg said:
I suggest that you update your profile with your location, so that people don't have to research to find out where you are.

The Title of the thread is Leasing in Atlanta :D
I saw the thread title, but often other people will chime in with questions in addition to the OP. I did scroll up and confirm that you were the OP and so I knew your location, but what about your questions in other threads? Have you always included your location? I'm just suggesting common forum protocol/courtesy.

Back