2016 Lease deals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spotted another that appears to be $211 lease payments with similar downpayment, but there may be other fees/taxes. I didn't get a quote for this one, just have the web page reference:

https://www.hendricknissan.com/new/Nissan/2016-Nissan-LEAF-kansas-city-adcb6e410a0e0a6b1d31b36e510ee2c4.htm

That's a Base SV, and you have to qualify for all the discounts to get that price, including military. If the down payment is low, and you don't need premium features...maybe.

Here are a couple quotes that I received in WI on some 2016's. There are only a handful left (SV or SL models) here, I think 10. And a couple of those are leftover 2015 models. The pricing is substantial to upgrade to the 2016's.

Silver 2016 SV
(I don't see any other options listed, ie premium, etc)
2 year lease/12K per year miles
$953 drive off and payments of $472.00

Silver 2016 SL
2 year/12K miles
$529 drive off and $529 per month

These prices are insane, but I guess they don't care around here whether they sell/lease them at all. Things are sure different than they were in 2013.

By how much does VPP affect lease offers? I thought VPP was only for purchasing outright.

Suppose the current offer is on the table:

$2500 down, $250/mo for 24 months

Would VPP participation lower those monthly payments at all?

VPP should lower the MSRP, and thus the payments (or down payment), but I'm not 100% sure of this.

I may end up using my whole lease extension, after all. The local dealers don't have more than one or two Leafs each, and several have none. I was hoping for a sale, but if they have just given up on the cars I may have to lease or buy a Volt/Bolt/??? next year. Or see if they offer me $10k off on my residual...

There are exactly two 2016 Leaf SVs in a 75 mile radius of me with Premium package and the black cloth interior. Neither is within 50 miles. Did Nissan produce very few of the 30kwh Leafs, or did Northeast dealers just not order them? I'm not sure I want to buy or lease one of these sight unseen, with the 200 mile EVs due out next year, and my lease extended until May of 2017...

Thanks. I'm reluctant to rush into leasing or buying one right now, but would like to be able to get one - even if by having it shipped from another dealer far away - later this year.

apacheguy said:
By how much does VPP affect lease offers? I thought VPP was only for purchasing outright.

Suppose the current offer is on the table:

$2500 down, $250/mo for 24 months

Would VPP participation lower those monthly payments at all?

Finally sat down and workedt he numbers with the dealer last night. VPP does not get you much, at least for a lease. Once taxes and fees are added this ends up being $283/mo, $2500 down for 24 months. This is a base SV 30 kWh.

I am shoping for 2016 Nissan leaf S for lease. Any one leased leaf last few weeks and could you share the lease details. thank you.

raghu2016 said:
I am shoping for 2016 Nissan leaf S for lease. Any one leased leaf last few weeks and could you share the lease details. thank you.

I just got this deal last week. I bet you can get a better deal than that.

Dealer: Premiere Nissan
Model: 2016 Leaf S with QC
36 month Lease
Downpayment (total): $2500 drive off
Monthly Payment: $110 +10 in tax
Total Cost after CA EV rebate: $4,200

cherrytoffee said:
I just got this deal last week. I bet you can get a better deal than that.

Dealer: Premiere Nissan
Model: 2016 Leaf S with QC
36 month Lease
Downpayment (total): $2500 drive off
Monthly Payment: $110 +10 in tax
Total Cost after CA EV rebate: $4,200

Fyi...as of June 10, State of California Air Resources Board has run out of EV rebate money...they have started putting applications on a first come first serve waiting list, until legislation can allocate more funds. Just hope, your rebate comes through...

--

I am fearing the thousands of Bolt and Model 3 buyers who might be faced with this loss of $2500 CA rebate...

mihird said:
Fyi...as of June 10, State of California Air Resources Board has run out of EV rebate money...they have started putting applications on a first come first serve waiting list, until legislation can allocate more funds. Just hope, your rebate comes through...
--
I am fearing the thousands of Bolt and Model 3 buyers who might be faced with this loss of $2500 CA rebate...

This happens like every year, they then get the funded and start sending out checks again. Chances are this will continue due to California commitment to EVs.

"Down payment (total): $2500 drive off", hope including all taxes. So far I got best deal is $99+tax/month and $2500 down payment + about $2200 taxes and fees. It seams, I need to do hard bargain.

raghu2016 said:
"Down payment (total): $2500 drive off", hope including all taxes. So far I got best deal is $99+tax/month and $2500 down payment + about $2200 taxes and fees. It seams, I need to do hard bargain.

Yes $2500 is including everything (tax, license, fees, 1st month payment, etc).

Good luck

Don't be afraid of walking out. Usually they will agree to your price when that happens.

Do you eligible any additional additional discounts like fresh school grad? Could you also let me know the color of the car.

The best i am getting is $2500 down + $120/month.

I do have VPP program. I means $120+tax. it is about $10 more than yours. I am interested in buying Blue (new color) and these cars are not available at Fremont, Hayward, south bay, and Burlingame and Redwood city. Asking another $10 bugs for blue cars.

raghu2016 said:
I do have VPP program. I means $120+tax. it is about $10 more than yours. I am interested in buying Blue (new color) and these cars are not available at Fremont, Hayward, south bay, and Burlingame and Redwood city. Asking another $10 bugs for blue cars.
We got the bronze color. Probably not as popular as the blue one, $130 is still a good price.

Not in California, but over in Massachusetts, the following offer was made by a dealership for a 2016 SV without Premium Package:
3 year lease
$2,500 down (drive-off)
35 x $199 mo
15,000miles/year
All taxes, fees etc included.
So total cost over course of 3 years: $9,465.
Residual (in case one wanted to buy out after 3 years, or earlier): circa $10,900.
(Does not include $2,500 state of Massachusetts EV incentive)

Still thinking about weather to move forward and sign, or to not go forward with this offer.

Needing a car now, the only other option for me would be buying an inexpensive 2013 SV incl QC package for circa $10,000...
Still, having a brandnew vehicle, longer range, an active full warranty, and the No Charge to Charge card seems nice. Also, I do use the navigation, and Carwings of the 2013 would stop operating at the end of the year, one would need to upgrade the radio unit at one own's expense...

Also, I am interested in possibly upgrading in 1 year to a 200 mile 2017/2018 Nissan Leaf, in case it is on the market by then. Normally it should be possible to trade out of the lease then, even if one is just 1 year into it, and get a new 3 year lease for the new 200 mile Leaf etc

Back