Headlight Wiring schemes?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

I have a set of LED headlights from a leaf (not taking them out my leaf :) hehe

so I can add LED headlights to my metro.

I was thinking rip the leds and optics out of the leaf unit and install in a cheap 4x6 set of aftermarkets for my metro.

then another more ambitious idea hit me. I wonder if I can actually "USE" the entire leaf headlight unit in the metro. Might look pretty darned cool if I can do a slick enough hack and mod job on the hood/fender of the metro.

is the wiring straight forward? power this. that lights up so to speak?

more importantly. the headlight level adjustment. is that an independent thing or does it go through a computer somewhere? IE the roller switch on the dash. does that wire DIRECTLY to the headlights or through some control unit somewhere?

You can download the service manual by buying a one day subscription and saving the PDFs. Details at:
http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Nissan_LEAF_Service_Manual" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nerys said:
I have a set of LED headlights from a leaf (not taking them out my leaf :) hehe

so I can add LED headlights to my metro.

I was thinking rip the leds and optics out of the leaf unit and install in a cheap 4x6 set of aftermarkets for my metro.

then another more ambitious idea hit me. I wonder if I can actually "USE" the entire leaf headlight unit in the metro. Might look pretty darned cool if I can do a slick enough hack and mod job on the hood/fender of the metro.

is the wiring straight forward? power this. that lights up so to speak?

more importantly. the headlight level adjustment. is that an independent thing or does it go through a computer somewhere? IE the roller switch on the dash. does that wire DIRECTLY to the headlights or through some control unit somewhere?

The roller switch was on my 2012 Leaf but it was deleted on my US made 2013. I do not recall ever using it in real life on my 2012. I did play with it with the beams against my garage door when it was new.

yep kept getting flashed till I realized I could adjust beam angle with it. Stopped getting flashed :)

Back