2015 Leaf SV Fog lights and Highbeams are the same?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amoebadave

Hello

I am new to the forum and I have not seen anyone post on this.

I have a 'new' gen 1 2015 Leaf SV that replaces the 2013 Leaf SV that was totaled in an accident. I am trying to work out some of the changes in the models.

The 2015 model seems to have combined the fog lights and high-beam headlights into being the same thing. All my other cars including my 2013 Leaf fog lights and high beams are used for different weather/driving conditions: Fog lights are for fog and high beams are for seeing farther in dark and clear conditions with no oncoming traffic.

I would like to add high-beam headlights and wire in the fog lights to a separate switch. Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring harness for the 2015 Leaf? Can I buy Led lights for the 2015 SV that I can operate with the high-low beam selector? I am pretty confident I can rewire the fog lights to a separate on-off switch that I can add to the panel rocker panels to the left of the starting wheel.

If anyone has done this I would love some advice.

Thanks, David

The 2015 was available with separate fog lights mounted low in the bumper like the earlier cars. Depending upon trim levels and options, the 2015's had LED low beam and halogen high beam headlights (SL or optional extra cost on lower trim levels) or halogen low beams and halogen high beams (standard on lower trim levels) integrated into the headlight modules. The fog lights mounted low in the bumper were controlled by a separate switch and operated only with the low beam headlights.

Back