Poll : Guess the price of Ford Focus EV (11/2 announcement)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Base model Focus EV will be priced pre-tax at ...

• < 35,200

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • 35,200 to 35,999

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • 36,000 to 36,999

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 37,000 to 37,999

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • 38,000 to 38,999

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 39,000 to 39,999

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • >= 40,000

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evnow

In a face book posting, Ford says ...

Thank you for your question and interest in the Focus Electric! More details on vehicle ordering, the Build & Price shopping tool, and tax credit information will be available on 11/2.

What do you think will be the price of the base model of Focus EV before tax credits ?

smkettner said:
Would appear to be very limited production so Ford should try to get top dollar. JMHO 40k+
Yes - but a lot of people apparently think it will be cheaper than Leaf. Not sure how that is possible unless Ford plans to take a big loss with each car.

evnow said:
a lot of people apparently think it will be cheaper than Leaf. Not sure how that is possible unless Ford plans to take a big loss with each car.
Nobody was really sure how the Leaf could cost so littler to start with.

evnow said:
smkettner said:
Would appear to be very limited production so Ford should try to get top dollar. JMHO 40k+
Yes - but a lot of people apparently think it will be cheaper than Leaf. Not sure how that is possible unless Ford plans to take a big loss with each car.

How much does it cost to ship one across the ocean? I'm not sure, but it can't be cheap.

Hedge74 said:
How much does it cost to ship one across the ocean? I'm not sure, but it can't be cheap.
Not much compared to things like
- Lack of scale
- 3rd party Battery
- Elaborate liquid cooling system for the battery
- Shipping the cars to another place to install battery/drive-train
- 6.6kw charger

darelldd said:
evnow said:
a lot of people apparently think it will be cheaper than Leaf. Not sure how that is possible unless Ford plans to take a big loss with each car.
Nobody was really sure how the Leaf could cost so littler to start with.
I think Nissan did it by vertical integration & commitment to large scale production (so they took a long view). Not sure how Ford is approaching this whole thing - given that FEV started as a conversion by Magna.

Herm said:
evnow said:
Not sure how Ford is approaching this whole thing - given that FEV started as a conversion by Magna.

Has that changed?.. I thought it was still a 100% Magna conversion.
In a FEV (or is that FFE) forum someone mentioned that Magna is no longer involved - and someone else is building the drive-trains now.

Lets see with the 2012 Leaf SV at $35,200 and the SL at $37,250 I can see Ford presenting a stripped down Focus EV with very few produced offered at $35,200 for marketing purposes.

Spies said:
Lets see with the 2012 Leaf SV at $35,200 and the SL at $37,250 I can see Ford presenting a stripped down Focus EV with very few produced offered at $35,200 for marketing purposes.
I see them marketing FFE as a "premium" vehicle over Leaf citing (which they already emphasised when announcing FFE)
- 6.6 kw charger
- liquid cooled batteries

The question is, how much extra will they charge ? The smaller the production target, the larger the premium.

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2011/11/02/ford-opens-ordering-for-electric-focus/?mod=google_news_blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$39,995 ?

Back