Would you buy a 2011 With 25,000 Miles ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edatoakrun said:
o00scorpion00o said:
...If I do 20,000 a year I could be fast charging a lot by the end !...
Are you so sure you will be driving that many miles every year for the next 9 years?

No way you might change your lifestyle, to not waste as much time and energy, as you now do by driving that much?

If you do continue driving that many miles, with present and future Irish petrol prices, wouldn't it be far cheaper to buy a new LEAF or a replacement battery pack every four or five years, than to continue driving an ICEV?

Well whenever I get working again will most likely be in Dublin, and that's 40-50 odd miles depending where you have to go. The public transport is pretty poor, all that Billions going to the banks that the taxpayer is being forced to pay would have put in one mighty good transport system !

My Girlfriend was let go from work too (on the very same day) anyway she already got 2 job offers, one will be about 54 miles each way, or 45 if she takes a different route off the motorway, but would have less traffic.

That job would have free parking, There are 2 tram stops one with 2 public charge points and one with 6, now currently an ICE can park in public charging spots perfectly legally here, the Government are working on making a law to prevent this but it's taking rather long, anyway the cost of parking would be 4 euro's per day, electricity is free for now but could work out pretty expensive when they do start to charge.

In the Prius with her driving she would get around 56 mpg (imp) costing around 75-80 Euro's a week for 542 miles a week, 27,000 a year, so after 2 years a new leaf might have 60,000 on the clock, 4 years.

Cost to drive in one year ,3,750 Euro's or 4,876 USD. It's shocking, but one of the high prices of living in Europe.

New Leaf cost =27.500 Euro's fuel over 5 years would cost 19,830 Euro's. Prius Maintenance would be at least 600 a year, road tax is 480 a year, Leaf road tax =120.

Total cost to drive to work for her in the Prius. would be 23,550 Euro's, So the Leaf would almost pay for itself over 5 years. Though the battery would probably just about get her one way after 137,000 miles, that's the uncertain part.

Now I have been researching converting the Prius to LPG, it has 94,000 miles it's 6 years old and won't depreciate much more. It's worth maybe 6,000 max. It would cost her roughly 2,000 saving almost 2,000 euro's. Though converting is a risk but the Prius has been known to go beyond 350,000 miles so that's probably the most economical thing to do in the end.

The other Job would be around 33 miles each way, greatly cutting the cost, but she might not want to tak it if the offer isn't good enough.

It's a shame Nissan don't offer battery replacements other than repair to 75 % or so. Out electricity company was looking at buying used batteries to store our wind energy, but at that rate they will only be taking them from scrapped leafs.

Back