Would like opinion on this lease deal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzd

2012 Leaf SL

24 month lease(23 payments)
12k miles/year
Zero down (0 out of pocket)
231/ month
residule of 21,500

This seems like a good deal, Advice?

Not a bad monthly price. Does the $231 include tax?

However, if you're in California, then nothing short of a 3 year lease deal qualifies you for the state $2500 rebate.

dzd said:
2012 Leaf SL

12k miles/year
231/ month
residule of 21,500

Even if you add $20 tax, it's still a good deal IF you have a full capacity pack. If I were you, I would ask someone to check the pack's capacity with their meter before leasing.

OP; location is essential here.

as mentioned; CA requires minimum 3 yr lease for the $2500 rebate. over 36 months that means you can go up $69 a month and be ahead simply because you will get the $2500 in a few months.

other thing is how far you plan to drive? in some areas if your driving need is approaching 60 miles then degradation might be a factor to consider in the length of the lease.

for "most" you will be ok. you can change your driving habits a bit to make it last but once again, this is all general info...

Sorry didn't know all the other info was important. The lease is in WA. So no sales tax on EVs here. Also the daily use will be normally 25 miles with a few longer trips mixed in weekends and grocery gets. As a yearly total I expect to push the 12k limit based on my ICE mileage history.

The car is zero miles so not sure what it means to test the pack?

Jump on it! You're good... Well, you might haggle down to $199, but either way, you'll be amazed at how cheap your LEAF is to drive. Probably come close to making back what you used to spend on gas with this payment.

Philip

dzd said:
2012 Leaf SL
12k miles/year
231/ month
residule of 21,500
Sounds like a good deal to me. I would expect that in 2 years there will be a lot more cars with plugs to choose from and you may not care what the residule amount is. I would also expect that LEAF version 2.0 will have many improvements about that same time.

i think that's a great deal. i just got my 2012 Leaf SL in Gurnee, IL @ Rosen. the deal was $3000 down, $199/mo, 24 months, 12K miles/yr. total monthly cost is $324/mo. i am adding that the $3000 down included first payment.

thanks all for your responses. i ended up playing two dealers against each other and got zero down 199/month for the same terms as above. pretty happy with that!!

next step open EVSE, I love that my new car is into electronics as much as I am!!

Back