Wireless Charging for the LEAF (3rd party)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVDRIVER

oh boy

http://www.pluglesspower.com/go-plugless/wireless-ev-charging/reserve-your-plugless-power-system/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With the charger losses in the car and the in losses of the unit I would expect at least a 20% loss of efficiency. Not to mention some person needs to get into you car wiring.

Doesn't the air gap have to be made fairly small in order for inductive transfer to work? The photo made it seem that the primary coils only stick up four inches or so, which seems to mean that the vehicle's coils would have to dangle down a bit. Be an awfully expensive thing to scrape off on a curb..

They claim 90% efficiency, but that power wont be wasted.. it will gently warm up the bottom of the car as it charges and restore your range losses in winter. About 380w worth!. You may want to add a couple of solar panels to compensate.

How about that example of silver lining?

other systems including one being developed in a joint effort with GM claim efficiency in the mid 90's.

i guess this is another one of those "must be homeowner" programs. *sigh* let me know how it goes...

Back