Windshield Reflection ? Solution?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you paint your dash, why not try a dash cover? I've had these in various cars. If you get one that's custom-fitted they look decent enough; sometimes even preferable.

http://www.dashmat.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herm said:
Polarized glasses will take care of the problem.. they even improve your vision when its raining.

Unfortunately, 2 problems with that.

I wear corrective lenses (glasses)
And when I wear polarized prescription sunglasses, often it changes the appearance of display screens (Nav system)

There ought to be some sort of sticky heat resistant soft material that we could cut a strip out of, and stick it across there, and not have it gum up the works.
Even if it lasted a year, but came up clean I'd replace it annually.

KillaWhat said:
There ought to be some sort of sticky heat resistant soft material that we could cut a strip out of, and stick it across there, and not have it gum up the works.
Even if it lasted a year, but came up clean I'd replace it annually.
If this really a problem? I can't recall noticing this even once while I've had the car.

KillaWhat said:
Unfortunately, 2 problems with that.
I wear corrective lenses (glasses)
And when I wear polarized prescription sunglasses, often it changes the appearance of display screens (Nav system)

The Nav screen issue with polarized lenses is unavoidable.. I also wear corrective lenses, you can get frames that have magnetic holders for auxiliary polarized lenses that work very well for driving. Get a light amber for rain and dark gray for sunshine, both polarized.

Check the eyeglass display at Costco.

That light dashboard is another of Nissan's Leaf quirkies. It's actually outright stupid--the choice of color. It definitely reflects off the side mirrors, which decreases their functionality, and off the windshield as well. I do use polarized glasses but they are of limited use in "light of all the light" reflecting in those viewing areas.

I mean, doesn't Nissan know better? That most dashes are dark for a damn reason? So they don't reflect? Do we need to tell them that? Really?

Very irritating. However, I would not dare to muck the dash up with anything. Way too crazy of an idea. And I don't think there is a 3rd party carpet cover for the Leaf dash out there yet. Just have to grin and bear it for now. It's the price to pay for driving on electrons.

ILETRIC said:
... And I don't think there is a 3rd party carpet cover for the Leaf dash out there yet...

They are available

http://www.dashmat.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back