Windows Phone Nissan LEAF app available

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirfergy

I got tired of the lack of an official LEAF app from Nissan, so I took it upon myself to write one. I’m not skilled in UI nor graphics, but it is functional. :)

Enjoy!

LEAF Commander
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/1468732a-6e39-4691-a3aa-1cf442c7cf84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool ... simple enough w/o the need to get to a browser

Works great; always feel like the Windows Phone app's are the orphans (especially after connecting using my wife's iPad)

Thanks for doing this

Ah! You beat me to the punch! I was planning this and an EV companion application. But, my first free time to work on it was going to be this weekend. :(

I just noticed this app in the market place today.

I have just downloaded it. Thank You!

One comment/problem: When I asked for a status refresh, I received a text message from my car that charging had started.

bigtlb said:
Ah! You beat me to the punch! I was planning this and an EV companion application. But, my first free time to work on it was going to be this weekend. :(

I just noticed this app in the market place today.

I have just downloaded it. Thank You!

One comment/problem: When I asked for a status refresh, I received a text message from my car that charging had started.
It didn't happen the second time.

So it must have been something with the initial state.

• Car plugged in and done charging
  • Download App
  • Launch
  • Fill in Login Info
  • Press Refresh
  • Screen Refreshed and showed 100% charge, and 20 minutes of charging left
  • Car started charging

Thanks for the info. I'll double check my code, perhaps there is a bug there with managing the charging state.

This is great - Thank You for writing this App.
As soon as Blink get their app on Windows Phone I will be able to dump my iPhone, my Nokia Windows Phone is so much better.
Chris

sirfergy said:
I got tired of the lack of an official LEAF app from Nissan, so I took it upon myself to write one. I’m not skilled in UI nor graphics, but it is functional. :)

Enjoy!

LEAF Commander
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/1468732a-6e39-4691-a3aa-1cf442c7cf84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow! How awesome is that?

What are the chances that you could offer to sell the code to Nissan to form the basis of an official Windows Phone app?

I wish this would work on my Windows 6.5 phone. :( The Android app won't work on my tablet, and this app won't work on my phone. Any chance of backwards compatability, or is 6.5 that different?

keydiver said:
I wish this would work on my Windows 6.5 phone. :( The Android app won't work on my tablet, and this app won't work on my phone. Any chance of backwards compatability, or is 6.5 that different?

Sorry but it's day and night difference between 6.5 and 7 (or 7.5 Mango which almost all the Win Phone 7's have) -- we just upgraded all our smart phone users with the 6.1 / 6.5 phones (HTC Ozones to HTC Trophys) and the GUI, etc. is a totally new OS platform. Where as you couldn't update (easily anyway) the firmware on the older Windows Mobile platform, the new 7's you can as well as much easier app' additions (very similar to Apple). Time for a new smart phone ...

redLEAF said:
Time for a new smart phone ...

The problem is that I don't really want a new Windows phone, I plan on going Android. But, the Nissan Android app won't work on them either, so there's no reason for me to upgrade at this time. I just don't understand why Nissan isn't releasing any updated apps. :?

keydiver said:
redLEAF said:

The problem is that I don't really want a new Windows phone, I plan on going Android. But, the Nissan Android app won't work on them either, so there's no reason for me to upgrade at this time. I just don't understand why Nissan isn't releasing any updated apps. :?

I use the Nissan app on Android. No issues. Its officially available from Nissan/android market

keydiver said:
redLEAF said:

You should consider Windows Phone. It's really sweet, and much more intuitive/useful than Android.

I'd like to ask a general question if I may:

I don't have a smartphone (my contract allows an upgrade in July), but I've been able to do pretty much everything the apps let me do using the simple text based web page at http://www.leafic.com/cwportal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (see: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3326&start=23).

Okay, it's not pretty, but I can do everything I need to and I never need to log in (the URL I use logs me in automatically).

I'm considering creating my own version of that site but using some simple graphics so it's "pretty" and does look like an app, but really isn't--it will still just be plain old HTML (with a little Javascript to control refreshes, etc.)

Considering the utter simplicity of Carwings and what you can do with it, why wouldn't that be an acceptable solution for everyone? What is it about the latest and greatest Android app or Windows phone app or European app that people keep waiting for? Does it really give you additional functionality? I had my son install the Android app on his phone and it doesn't really look like he can do anything more than I can using leafic.com. And on his app he always has to log in first!

There is already a mobile version of the owners portal with lighter graphics and no flash, you can check battery status, start charge and climate control as you would from the normal web-site. What sucks is there is no direct URL and you get redirected to it (or not) based on the "user-agent" header sent by your mobile phone browser, last time I checked with Nissan in September 11 anyway. Unfortunately they only recognize certain browsers on common phones like Android and iPhone, not sure about WP. Go to http://nissanusa.com/owners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from your mobile phone's browser and see if you are lucky. My phone is not recognized but at least it allows me to fake the user-agent string so I can get to the site if needed.

Valdemar said:
There is already a mobile version of the owners portal with lighter graphics and no flash, you can check battery status, start charge and climate control as you would from the normal web-site. What sucks is there is no direct URL and you get redirected to it (or not) based on the "user-agent" header sent by your mobile phone browser. Unfortunately they only recognize common phones like Android and iPhone, not sure about WP. Go to http://nissanusa.com/owners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from your mobile phone's browser and see if you are lucky. My phone is not recognized but at least it allows me to fake the user-agent string so I can get to the site if needed.

Exactly! On Windows Phone if you set your browser to always use the mobile version of sites it works fine, but I prefer browsing sites with desktop version on, and nissan redirects you to the flash based site which doesn't work. Plus it doesn't remember your credentials.

sirfergy said:
Plus it doesn't remember your credentials.

Yup, it logs you out every 5 mins or so and just stops working without redirecting you to the login page, very annoying. But hey, at least there is a way, hopefully they will improve it one day. My phone can do flash so I can use the full site as well, but it is much slower.

Back