Why I want to be Off-Grid

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^According to the feel-good TV ads I've been seeing around here fracking is a completely benign activity and our patriotic duty (since Colorado is a major oil and gas state they are pulling out all the stops to persuade state voters to go easy on the industry).

I use gas to heat my house, albeit vastly less than a typical house, for a variety of reasons. But I chose not to put in any wood burning heat because it is a major source of air pollution in the mountains. I wouldn't mind wind turbines in my wildly scenic county but the noise, light, smog and noxious weeds from gas drilling would completely trash our way of life here. So, I have mixed feelings about it since I am part of the problem.

pretty sure the issues with fracking is an iceberg with much more we don't know than what little we do know and that little we do know might seem bad enough but i am thinking we havent seen nothing yet.

DaveinOlyWA said:
pretty sure the issues with fracking is an iceberg with much more we don't know than what little we do know and that little we do know might seem bad enough but i am thinking we havent seen nothing yet.

I feel the same way. I do believe that if they were honest with what they do know we would NEVER allow this to happen.

At one point in our history Doctors thought that they were doing the right thing to Bleed sick folk to help them get better. In this case I believe the ones doing this to us DO actually know what the resulting damage will be but hide it from us. Just like Big Tobacco hid the effects of smoking from the public, even advertising is to be "Healthy".

Back