Who's got good service in Los Angeles area?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malloryk said:
Anyone have a mechanic on the West side of LA they've been taking their Leaf to? I'm taking my car in to Downtown Nissan tomorrow for the 2-year battery check but I'd like to see if someone else can do the brake fluid replacement. I've called a couple mechanics in Santa Monica I've worked with in the past and a few others that have good Yelp reviews and no one has worked on a Leaf.

I ended up having Downtown Nissan do the brake fluid replacement and wanted to give them a little love. We know Paul Scott is there giving great service on the sales side but their service department is great also! I went there last year for the battery check and 1-year inspection and they did not try to upsell me any unnecessary maintenance. My experience was the same this year except this time I had the brake fluid replaced. It cost $164. I'm sure there's some place that can do it cheaper but I couldn't find one on my side of town. My service manager Ernie is a proud Leaf owner and I also met Richard, the General Manager. He drives a Leaf too and loves it. Really nice people. Plus they have free popcorn and refreshments in their waiting room, TV and free Wifi.

This last time at Connell left me a bit bitter, to be honest. My car came back with numerous scuffs and small scratches in the paintwork and the rear seat and rear door handle (driver's side) had dirt/grease marks. For someone real picky about his car, it really rubbed me the wrong way. If it wasn't stuff I'm capable of taking care of myself I would have been really mad. :?

If you choose to go there (and I wouldn't necessarily dissuade you), go over your car very closely when it comes back to you and make them have their detail guy fix any issues. ;)

mwalsh said:
This last time at Connell left me a bit bitter, to be honest. My car came back with numerous scuffs and small scratches in the paintwork and the rear seat and rear door handle (driver's side) had dirt/grease marks. For someone real picky about his car, it really rubbed me the wrong way. If it wasn't stuff I'm capable of taking care of myself I would have been really mad. :?

If you choose to go there (and I wouldn't necessarily dissuade you), go over your car very closely when it comes back to you and make them have their detail guy fix any issues. ;)

That sucks, Mike! I'm sorry that happened to you. That reminds me, when they brought me my car yesterday, I was chatting with Ernie. I opened the door and he was the one to notice the inside had dirt marks. So he had them take it back to clean up. That pretty much happens everywhere I take my car. At Discount Tire, the same thing happens when I bring it in for tire rotations. I have to have them clean it every time. That interior just picks up everything but it does clean up pretty easily.

I agree that Downtown is probably the best around L.A. but I also have to say that $164 is a little pricey for just brake fluid... $90 to $100 seems to be the going Nissan rate... And there is nothing special about the Leaf in terms of a brake fluid change. Any shop that does it on other cars can do it just as easily and in the same way on a Leaf...

malloryk said:
I ended up having Downtown Nissan do the brake fluid replacement and wanted to give them a little love. My experience was the same this year except this time I had the brake fluid replaced.

TomT said:
I agree that Downtown is probably the best around L.A. but I also have to say that $164 is a little pricey for just brake fluid... $90 to $100 seems to be the going Nissan rate... And there is nothing special about the Leaf in terms of a brake fluid change. Any shop that does it on other cars can do it just as easily and in the same way on a Leaf...

Connell charged me just $63, which I thought very fair.

Of course, then I did have to buy an additional $70 worth of tools and product to detail out the scratches and dirt the tech left behind. :?

Well, that still puts you ahead in the long run! :lol:

mwalsh said:
TomT said:
Connell charged me just $63, which I thought very fair.
Of course, then I did have to buy an additional $70 worth of tools and product to detail out the scratches and dirt the tech left behind. :?

malloryk said:
Anyone have a mechanic on the West side of LA they've been taking their Leaf to? I'm taking my car in to Downtown Nissan tomorrow for the 2-year battery check but I'd like to see if someone else can do the brake fluid replacement. I've called a couple mechanics in Santa Monica I've worked with in the past and a few others that have good Yelp reviews and no one has worked on a Leaf.
Well, you are done, but believe it or not, on Venice Blvd, on the South side of the street, West of Sawtelle, East of Walgrove (yeah, not that exaxt) there was a shop that painted on the side of the building Nissan, and LEAF service. I almost took a picture, as this was about 6 months ago. Not a suggestion, but it did strike me as an anomaly since who in the heck would take their LEAF to an independent when it was still in Warranty, and now, I can see why...

JimSouCal said:
malloryk said:
Well, you are done, but believe it or not, on Venice Blvd, on the South side of the street, West of Sawtelle, East of Walgrove (yeah, not that exaxt) there was a shop that painted on the side of the building Nissan, and LEAF service. I almost took a picture, as this was about 6 months ago. Not a suggestion, but it did strike me as an anomaly since who in the heck would take their LEAF to an independent when it was still in Warranty, and now, I can see why...

cool, thanks, I'll look into them if I need something else done. I called 5 or 6 places on Friday and no one had worked on a Leaf so they didn't want to touch my car. Another reason it kinda stinks to be an early adopter.

Bringing this back up from the dead! Just picked up a used 2013 S & service is around the corner. I would also like to address the clicking while decelerating issue. Has anyone had any recent experiences good/bad given that its been 4 years? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers.

Back