Which comes first? Your LEAF Delivery or $5/gallon gas?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricVehicle

Had to put some gas in the Prius today - you know one of those things your signifcant other isn't fond of doing, so it falls to you, and I started thinking, if my LEAF had been delivered, I wouldn't need to fill up the Prius with $4.23/gallon gasoline.

And that set my mind to wandering - will the LEAF get delivered before gasoline hits $5/gallon?

Eapsecially after the LEAF billboard smokes-out NY Auto Show :)

i also ONLY drive when my 2010 Prius (normally driven by SO on her 60 mile RT commute) is out of gas. last fillup. $39.63 to go 460 miles at 48 mpg.

to compare; Leaf average nearly 1200 miles a month. $34 in electricity PER MONTH.

i have co-workers that should be approaching $100 a week in gas. the ride share board at work has now expanded from one small corkboard (which used to be less than half full) to a much larger corkboard to now 3 large corkboards shared among both break rooms.

so for ride sharing, it takes a LOT of walking

ElectricVehicle said:
Had to put some gas in the Prius today - you know one of those things your signifcant other isn't fond of doing, so it falls to you

I see a lot of that, plus you also get to do maintenance if you do that kind of stuff.. I would think that would be a strong marketing point.

Personally, I dont think you have much to worry about with a Prius.. but those poor suckers with V8 pickups are in a world of hurt.

Herm said:
ElectricVehicle said:
Personally, I dont think you have much to worry about with a Prius.. but those poor suckers with V8 pickups are in a world of hurt.

I just have to laugh at some of those people, though. I know several people at work who got tired of paying high gas prices back in 2008 so they got rid of their Tahoes and Dodge Rams, and got smaller cars to commute with. Then when gas went down, they went right back out and bought big vehicles again. I tried to remind them that gas will eventually go back up, but they didn't car. Now gas is expensive again and they are all complaining about it everyday. At this point I have no pity for them and just have to shake my head and laugh.

At this point, since my wife now drives the Leaf and I drive my modified plug-in Prius, we pretty much use close to zero gasoline in our family now.

My last two fillups in North San Diego County were for $4 and $4.06 per gallon in the previous two weeks. Cheapest priced regular gas in my 3 neighboring counties, so I consider that very lucky.
Gregg

LEAFfan said:
ElectricVehicle said:
If you live in WA, then it's already $5 in some places.
Wow. That's an eye opener. I assumed incorrectly that the San Francisco bay area would have some of the highest gas prices. http://www.gasbuddy.com/ has the SF gas prices at $4.09 - $4.59 for regular. Yeeks! San Diego at $4.05 - $4.89 . Their data is only as good as volunteer reporting, which is pretty good, but it's easy to believe that some stations are at $5.00 ($4.99! :eek: )
San Diego Premium gas $4.23 - $4.99
LA Premium $4.20 - $5.11

Cute, ther's also a zoomable "heat map" that shows gas prices across the nation by county: http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/Price_By_County.aspx

I want my LEAF. Going to be nice to finally get it! These gas prices just confirm the decision to get a LEAF!

IBELEAF said:
LEAFfan said:
ElectricVehicle said:

Don't know what places you are talking about, but I saw slight decrease in prices to below $4 in WA.

i also saw a brief drop to $3.81 there for a few days, but its going back up now. i think the real high prices are in Bellingham. My Niece paid $4.75 last weekend

IBELEAF said:
LEAFfan said:
ElectricVehicle said:

Don't know what places you are talking about, but I saw slight decrease in prices to below $4 in WA.

They had a photo of a WA gas station in our newspaper showing $4.99.9 for regular. Premium was $ .20 higher I believe.

LEAFfan said:
They had a photo of a WA gas station in our newspaper showing $4.99.9 for regular. Premium was $ .20 higher I believe.
Premium would seem to be a good value these days. I remember when it was 79, 89, 99 cents or 25% extra for premium. Now just 4% extra for the good stuff. ;)

LEAFfan said:

Most likely they were trying to make people forget about high electricity costs in your area :lol: And no, we do not have that high price for gas in Seattle area... I've seen $4.20 for regular, but in the past few days I've seen a few places at $3.97

My Leaf will come first. I think that this current price shock has pretty much run its course.

However with that said, I just paid $6.64/gal for some 100 octane gas for my Porsche. I mix it 1:3 with 91 octane to get 95 octane gas for the toy car.

OrientExpress said:
However with that said, I just paid $6.64/gal for some 100 octane gas for my Porsche. I mix it 1:3 with 91 octane to get 95 octane gas for the toy car.

If your car can handle it, try mixing E85 with the 91 stuff.. big octane boost. Your fuel injectors will have to handle a higher volume of fuel so it may not work.

I think after the summer run up gas will settle back down to the $3.60-90 range
Hopefully when that happens the government will be smart enough to slap $.50 per gallon tax on that

Back