What was your previous car before Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
I always loved the bumper sticker: "Friends don't let friends buy a Neon!"

My guess is those stickers were plastered on the bumpers of Cobalts and Focuses (Foci?). Even in the economy car department, there's still rivalry between GM, Ford, and Mopar people.

Actually, I saw one ON a Neon!

RonDawg said:
TomT said:
My guess is those stickers were plastered on the bumpers of Cobalts and Focuses (Foci?). Even in the economy car department, there's still rivalry between GM, Ford, and Mopar people.

2001 Prius- 265.000 km ,still going. Great car, much better then new 3rd generation in terms of quality. The cheap plastics like yogurt containers from recycling box and price range made my decision to go for Nissan SL leaf.

A friend of mine had a Neon, He had that Bumper Sticker!

He hated that car!

TomT said:

After my wife's experience with her Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX (two of them since they took the first one back and gave her a new one that was a model year later -- it was every bit bit as bad as the first), there will never be another Chrysler in our family!

RonDawg said:
The Neon's replacement, the Caliber, was MUCH, MUCH worse, particularly with the CVT.

I still have my 2008 750 Li. It's a comfortable ride but a total gas guzzler. I'm another one who saves enough in gas every month to cover the cost of the lease and insurance on my Leaf.

Well before the LEAF there was the Toyota pickup converted to electric power.
http://evalbum.com/3175" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And before the electric pickup truck there was the electric VW
http://evalbum.com/2058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And before the electric VW there was the electric motorcycle
http://evalbum.com/1414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2007 Chevy Cobalt with 60k miles (purchased new). If I hypermiled in the car I could get 45mpg average on my commute. They started the recall on them and after listening to the news I totally lost 100% confidence in the car/manufacturer.

My dad worked for GM and this is the first vehicle I've ever owned that wasn't made by GM. After the news got out about how they covered up the issues for YEARS I decided that I wouldn't risk purchasing anything else from them EVER. GM totally screwed themselves out of a Volt sale and lost a lifelong customer.

The car was already starting to fall apart. It leaked water inside whenever it rained (even if the car wasn't moving). The glove box broke about 2 months before I traded it in (they used PLASTIC hinges!!!). The door lock knob fell off making it impossible to unlock the door from the inside. The turn signal auto cancel quit working. The day after I traded it in I went to go remove my stereo equipment from it and it was already in the shop getting prepared for the lot. There laying on the ground was a half shaft which they had replaced.

I love the leaf. Its the best car I've ever driven. The smoothest, quietest, nicest car I've ever had.

2004 Prius. 10 years of dedicated service. Just traded for a silver SV with charge/LED package. I'm depressed about leaving old blue, but super excited about my new EV adventure! We still have a 2005 Prius (wife's). But old blue took me everywhere, across the US twice, camping, ice storms, vacations. I will miss alot about the Prius, but look forward to my own no-gas future. I pick it up today and and feel rather teary-eyed. It's silly. it's just a machine, a tool. but what can i say...

N1ghtrider said:
Another LEAF. And before that a Honda Civic hybrid that was still getting 50+ mpg after 125,000 miles (until my son wrecked it).
We had, and still have, our 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid. It remains my wife's favorite car. Our son also wrecked that for us, but it was just a minor fender-bender. Our daughter has provided the dents for our LEAF! :roll:

Leaf replace a 2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe that I sold to my niece last Fall. Still own a 2013 Honda CRV AWD that has been collecting a lot of dust over the past few weeks.

Before my 2011 LEAF, I owned and drove a 2000 Honda GX/CNG which I bought in 2004 because my bi-fueled (CNG/gasoline) 1990 Toyota Celica GT-S's engine caught fire from a leaky gasoline injector. At the time, it was running on CNG. It would have been taken to be converted to 100% Hydrogen/direct injection the next day. The AHA guy was going to pick it up as I already paid $6K for the conversion.
My GX had a range of over 500 miles after I added another tank in place of the backseat. I sold it to a guy from Utah where his commute was over 100 miles and CNG there was around a buck. He was happy and I was VERY happy!

2000 Honda Insight, Manual Transmission. Got 55 MPG even in Vermont winters the way I drive. Great car, but it just wasn't fully electric!! :)

Cars. Still have them: 2001 Chevy Suburban (our work-horse with 209k nearly trouble free miles on it), 2012 Honda Oddessy (superb people mover), (2) 2006 Chevy HHRs (kids now "own"/drive them), 1965 MGB roadster. Leaf is a great commuter car and fun to drive. Driving Leaf (2013 SL) to work and errands saved 7,500 miles on Suburban and 600 gallons of gas that did not get consumed or purchased by me. It feels good to do something for mother earth and generations to come. I did park it for about two weeks when high temps were below 0F and lows were -20 to -30F every night. Car worked, just did not have a comfortable margin at those extreme temps. I could sit at a light and watch the range go down. Leaf was surprisingly good in snow with standard tires. Now I know what the ECO button is for...snow! Can't see that it has any other purpose except for turning Leaf into a stone. Now over a year into a three year lease. Will I replace it? Don't know. If 2016s have more range without a ton more cost, maybe. I do have a level 2 charger, so maybe. ;)

Back