What Nissan Leaf has the improved battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
Make sure that you get the information in writing, either as part of the sales contract with the dealer, or from Nissan. Salespeople will say *anything* to make a sale, true or not.

the odds are a used leaf under $8,000 won't be at a Nissan dealership so it won't be the salesperson he is asking anyway. It'll be the service department or the national 800# for Leaf support.

But yes even at a Nissan dealership you don't ask the salesperson, you ask the service manager.

If local he can ask to see it on the screen or get a printout.

If over the phone the person he is talking to has no tie to the sale of the car and he can just take the word of the person on the phone.

It really isn't that complicated.

I found a 2011 SL with 26k miles for 11K. Under the vehicle history report it says
04/13/15 Dealer Service, MANCHESTER NH
BATTERY SERVICED/REPLACED
VEHICLE INSPECTED
VEHICLE BODY SERVICED
TIRES/WHEELS SERVICE PERFORMED

Does this mean the 12 volt accessory battery was replaced or the main battery was replaced?

I would call that dealership and ask. I am guessing it was the small battery that was replaced but there is no way of knowing without asking more questions.

Back