What is the most you have paid to publicly charge your car?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeler

I am starting this thread because I think we have a winner! $3.50/hour for a GE WattStation managed by Arden Realty who owns my building where parking is free. Apparently, the landlord can pick the rate and has chosen the highest rate that I have ever seen. There are a couple Blink chargers a few buildings away that charge $1/hour so I guess I will still be doing a walk each morning until I get a way to charge at my apartment.

Don't get me wrong, they put a charging station outside my building, for which I am grateful. In a pinch, this will definitely help.

There was no pricing anywhere, but sent the below in a confirmation message. Do I win this contest?

Contest rules: Post the charging cost negating out any of that attributable to parking in the same or nearest equivalent location. I will update this post with our winner (i.e., loser).
WattStation Connect Card FB918001F9 initiated an EV charging on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 07:03 AM PST at the
12730 Level -1 WattStation located at 12730 High Bluff Dr. San Diego, CA. 92130.

Pay as You Charge: $3.50 / hr.

reeler said:
I am starting this thread because I think we have a winner! $3.50/hour for a GE WattStation managed by Arden Realty who owns my building. Apparently, the landlord can pick the rate and has chosen the highest rate that I have ever seen. There are a couple Blink chargers a few buildings away that charge $1/hour so I guess I will still be doing a walk each morning until I get a way to charge at my apartment.

Don't get me wrong, they put a charging station outside my building, for which I am grateful. In a pinch, this will definitely help.

There was no pricing anywhere, but sent the below in a confirmation message. Do I win this contest?
WattStation Connect Card FB918001F9 initiated an EV charging on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 07:03 AM PST at the
12730 Level -1 WattStation located at 12730 High Bluff Dr. San Diego, CA. 92130.

Pay as You Charge: $3.50 / hr.
With 3 EVs in the household, you may also end up with the highest charging bill too. Yep, I've seen $2/hour (forget where), and astronomical parking rates WHILE charging, but yep, Arden is Arden.

$3.37 per Hr. at a beach parking lot. I only used it to show my teenager how to use a public charger while we grabbed a slice. I refuse to pay this much for a level 2 charge.

I should note that parking is free at my building inland of Del Mar (near San Diego). I could imagine paying a bunch for parking, but that doesn't count. Just the incremental costs for charging in this contest!

reeler said:
I could imagine paying a bunch for parking, but that doesn't count. Just the incremental costs for charging in this contest!

Parking can be an incremental cost for charging. There's a downtown in my province where parking is $1/h during business hours, but free otherwise. However, the parking space next to charger is $3/h, 24/7!

Berlino said:
reeler said:
I could imagine paying a bunch for parking, but that doesn't count. Just the incremental costs for charging in this contest!

Parking can be an incremental cost for charging. There's a downtown in my province where parking is $1/h during business hours, but free otherwise. However, the parking space next to charger is $3/h, 24/7!

Or ~$2.87US?/hr

If you browse Plug Share, I have seen some stations mostly at hotels that charge $10.00, can't remember if it had a limit on hours etc.

Motel called Ciudad del Rey Motel & Trail in King City Ca charges $20.00.

Most I paid was Blinks $1. Per hour or $5. For Blinks DCQC.

Fred

Wennfred said:
If you browse Plug Share, I have seen some stations mostly at hotels that charge $10.00, can't remember if it had a limit on hours etc.

Motel called Ciudad del Rey Motel & Trail in King City Ca charges $20.00.

Hotels charge for parking so I wonder how much more when you want a charge. If I were empty, I would pay more than $20 at the $3.5/hr charger with my 2011 Leaf. I would call that a tie if parking for ICE cars were free at that hotel.

My work just put chargepoint in and it’s a mixed bag. The good news is that 0-4 hours is FREE! But every hour after that is $5/hr for L2. Parking is charged separately. This will encourage everyone to move along after their car is charged. But, if you get tied up, then you’ll pay for that too.

And yes, I actually paid $5/hr.

FairwoodRed said:
My work just put chargepoint in and it’s a mixed bag. The good news is that 0-4 hours is FREE! But every hour after that is $5/hr for L2. Parking is charged separately. This will encourage everyone to move along after their car is charged. But, if you get tied up, then you’ll pay for that too.

A full charge would be half free by my calculation making it no more than $2.50 per hour. I like the penalty to get folks to move. I would like better, free until charging completes and $10/hour until you move your car.

FairwoodRed said:

too bad you didnt have a 2013. you could be fully recharged in 4 hours

FairwoodRed said:
My work just put chargepoint in and it’s a mixed bag. The good news is that 0-4 hours is FREE! But every hour after that is $5/hr for L2.

I wish more public charging stations would go to this model.

Back