... was offered 7500 NMAC credit towards payoff of 2013 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
djkjmuoh said:
FWIW, I was offered the $7,500 NMAC buyout incentive and was told by NMAC about the dealer incentives that existed (up to $1,500) and that I had read about in EV articles. Finding a dealer that would give me both was tough but I did it! $9k off. See below thread.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16629&start=450

Yes, that would make it a much better deal!! Thanks for that tip!

Sorry for cross posting. The NMAC 7500$ offer is expiring today and hence the urgency.

=================
Hi All,

Pay off quote in my account : $18,181.88
Maturity date: 10/01/2016
Leased from premier Nissan San jose.
3 year lease with 12k miles/year.

Year: 2013 Make: Nissan
Model: LEAF Trim Level: SL
Made In: UNITED STATES Style: HATCHBACK 4-DR
Has Bose audio package, 360 surround view camera.

Received 7500$ off offer letter just 2 days ago but the deal is specified from March 1 to April 1 (i.e today).

I have very low mileage of only 17350.

What are all the options I have? Any pointers? I was thinking to do research only during Sep/Oct time frame but wondering using the 7500$ off is a better option?

Thanks in advance.
-===============

You won't be able to flip it for profit, that's a given. Do you see yourself driving this car for 4-5 more years? How's the battery holding up?

GoingForLeaf said:
Sorry for cross posting. The NMAC 7500$ offer is expiring today and hence the urgency.

=================
Hi All,

Pay off quote in my account : $18,181.88
Maturity date: 10/01/2016
Leased from premier Nissan San jose.
3 year lease with 12k miles/year.

Year: 2013 Make: Nissan
Model: LEAF Trim Level: SL
Made In: UNITED STATES Style: HATCHBACK 4-DR
Has Bose audio package.

Received 7500$ off offer letter just 2 days ago but the deal is specified from March 1 to April 1 (i.e today).

I have very low mileage of under 22K.

What are all the options I have? Any pointers? I was thinking to do research only during Sep/Oct time frame but wondering using the 7500$ off is a better option?

Thanks in advance.
-===============

I've decided to hold off, since there wasn't enough time to see if the dealers could give me some of their incentive cash the way that
djkjmuoh did it.

Since your lease expires close to the same time as me, I think you should hold off too. This morning's insideevs.com march sales report shows that the leaf sales are collapsing, so Nissan has every incentive to get people to buy away the leases. The only reason not to is if you have no intent of keeping the leaf.

Valdemar said:
You won't be able to flip it for profit, that's a given. Do you see yourself driving this car for 4-5 more years? How's the battery holding up?

Thanks for the feedback.

I can drive another 4-5 years. My commute is 20 miles round trip. Also just checked my odometer, I have driven only 17350 miles in the 2.5 years of lease..
I don't see any battery degradation.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
GoingForLeaf said:

-===============

I've decided to hold off, since there wasn't enough time to see if the dealers could give me some of their incentive cash the way that
djkjmuoh did it.

Since your lease expires close to the same time as me, I think you should hold off too. This morning's insideevs.com march sales report shows that the leaf sales are collapsing, so Nissan has every incentive to get people to buy away the leases. The only reason not to is if you have no intent of keeping the leaf.

Thanks for the response. It helps.
Since I have very low mileage and not seeing any battery degradation, I can have this car for another 6/7 years. So definitely willing to buy if we get the deal again. Since the deal is expiring today, don't think I can visit the dealers and finish the deal today. So, leaning towards holding off for now.

GoingForLeaf said:
Valdemar said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I can drive another 4-5 years. My commute is 20 miles round trip. Also just checked my odometer, I have driven only 17350 miles in the 2.5 years of lease..

Then if it has been reliable and the car fully meets your needs and will for quite some time without buying a new battery, paying it off with that discount may just make sense. There may be a bigger offer on the table later, or not. The decision is yours.

Valdemar said:
GoingForLeaf said:
Valdemar said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Then if it has been reliable and the car fully meets your needs and will for quite some time without buying a new battery, paying it off with that discount may just make sense. There may be a bigger offer on the table later, or not. The decision is yours.

Can the dealers honor the NMAC discount past the expiry date? It was a bummer that I received the mail only 2 days back.
I am afraid, I don't have much time today to close the deal.

Can the dealers honor the NMAC discount past the expiry date? It was a bummer that I received the mail only 2 days back.
I am afraid, I don't have much time today to close the deal.

No, but it will likely come back. It may even be "renewed" or "extended" through April. Since there is nothing unique about this March, I expect it to come back, probably before the Memorial Day sales "event," to shrink the market pool of off-lease Leafs.

I just got off the phone with NMAC, and was offered the $7500 off the residual on my 2013 Leaf SV. They said the offer was good until April 24th, but he hinted that the offer "may go up" in the future. I'm going to press for more details. If I can find a dealer in the Detroit area willing to give me $1500 on top of the $7500, there's no doubt I'm taking the deal.

Got another call from NMAC. They confirmed the $7500 on 2013s is good through at least May 5th. I went in to the dealer and took advantage yesterday, but nobody would acknowledge the extra $1500 mentioned elsewhere.

Our 2013SL lease is up 9/6/16. Yesterday I called NMAC and found out that the current buy-out price includes the extra 4 months of lease payments. This means that we will still have to make the remaining lease payments even if we buy the car today. There is no incentive to buy-out the lease early. The only questions is if the discount will still be there in 4 months.

Based on prior experience NMAC has been increasing this amount every few months, so by September it is very unlikely that the amount will be lower than the current $7,500 and a high probability that the amount will increase.

Therefore we have decided to wait until the end of Lease. If the value is greater than then buy-out price we keep it, if not then we go with a 2016, or 2017 if they are out by then. It would be nice to have two EV instead of just the one. My wife only lets me drive the Leaf when she does not use it or we go somewhere together.

Graffi said:
Based on prior experience NMAC has been increasing this amount every few months, so by September it is very unlikely that the amount will be lower than the current $7,500 and a high probability that the amount will increase.

That is not my experience. From my research, the buyout offers have fluctuated with seemingly no reason whatsoever, going from 0 to 6000 to 3000 over the course of a few months. $7500 is by far the best offer so far, and if you're interested and can get it, waiting is a big gamble.

Buying it out now vs. in 3-6 months doesn't make a difference if the offer is the same - you have to pay those lease payments regardless.

Most recent news I've heard is that the $7500 offer is gone. The May offer is $3000 for 3 year lessees.

erichz said:
Graffi said:

That is not my experience. From my research, the buyout offers have fluctuated with seemingly no reason whatsoever, going from 0 to 6000 to 3000 over the course of a few months. $7500 is by far the best offer so far, and if you're interested and can get it, waiting is a big gamble.

Buying it out now vs. in 3-6 months doesn't make a difference if the offer is the same - you have to pay those lease payments regardless.

Most recent news I've heard is that the $7500 offer is gone. The May offer is $3000 for 3 year lessees.

I also confirmed that the new offer is $3000. I blew it. I guess Nissan is going to get the car back unless the $7500 offer is back on June 1.

DeanW said:
I also confirmed that the new offer is $3000. I blew it. I guess Nissan is going to get the car back unless the $7500 offer is back on June 1.

That's a bummer. But with the Bolt out this year, and if new Leaf sales continue to decline, i think the offer will return before the lease is over.

Today, May 6, 2016, we finally received a mailing notice and flyer from NMAC telling us what to do for our end of lease on 9/6/16, including the option of purchase. It went on to say that the current incentive is $7,500 but this incentive expires on 4/30/16.

It is interesting that this notice was mailed out AFTER the expiration date of the $7,500 offer so that we could not take advantage of this discount. I do believe that the current amount will go up again as the number of Leaf returns will drastically increase with only a $3,000 discount, IMHO. With $7,500 we will keep it, with less, probably not. We do love our Leaf, but the market value just is not there.

I got the same offer of $7500 off to buy at lease end, but when I called the dealer that I lease it from to ask for the exact number, they wouldn't give it to me over the phone. They wanted me to come in and sit down?? I looked up my monthly lease statement and found the "Payoff amount" = $13538.86. Is this the $ minus $7500 = the $ I am looking at to pay if I were to take up their off to keep the car? :?:

xbox409 said:
I got the same offer of $7500 off to buy at lease end, but when I called the dealer that I lease it from to ask for the exact number, they wouldn't give it to me over the phone. They wanted me to come in and sit down?? I looked up my monthly lease statement and found the "Payoff amount" = $13538.86. Is this the $ minus $7500 = the $ I am looking at to pay if I were to take up their off to keep the car? :?:

That should be the amount before the $7500 is subtracted. Sounds like a good deal for you.

Back