Was April now May

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awallis

Hi All,

No surprises here, in fact I'm laughing because I expected this to happen. I got an update last week saying my delivery date was for April. Just logged in tonight (Wed) and the Nissan site says May.

I'm wondering if other folks who heard they were in the April deliveries have been pushed back.

Best-

Andy

You made me look! My order got delayed until late November so I’m expecting to be pushed out. Still April for now… Fingers still crossed .

awallis said:
I'm wondering if other folks who heard they were in the April deliveries have been pushed back.
Like so many others, I'm now May also, but since I didn't even order until 20 Jan, I fully expected this. I won't even be surprised to see June when it all shakes out. My biggest disappointment, other than not getting to actually drive my new LEAF, is missing out on this year's CVRP money, which will almost surely be the case. I do hope they don't change the $5000 amount for those on the waiting list, something that has been discussed on another thread.

Glenn

Changed from April to May. The surprise would have been if they delivered in April. It gives Congress another month to change the tax credit to a rebate. With the Republicans in charge of the House that is as likely as elephants flying.

I was changed from April to May, too. Now it's eight months from order date!
Do I really want a Leaf that much?

Only if there were other choices.

I'd choose a Volt, but every dealer I've talked to wants way over MSRP, or the delay is worse than the Leaf.

Maybe I should put the $33,000 into a "new car savings account" to cover a down payment on a Tesla
Model S next year.

Nissan, if you're reading this, the delays are losing you sales.

Me to!

A few times a year my Congressperson Jackie Spier has a conference call that all constitutes are invited to listen to and participate in.

I know people from Nissan (I HOPE?) read this group

It's about time Mark Perry and his friends at Nissan USA explain to us what is really happening, why, and give use a chance to ask questions. If Jackie Spier can do a large conference call, so can Nissan...

ANY BETS on this happening?

green01 said:
I was changed from April to May, too. Now it's eight months from order date...
This thread made me look at my account, and indeed, my date has also changed from April to May. This is pissing me off. I reserved on the first day within hours of receiving the email invitation, was told I would have a Sept. order date but got delayed until Oct., then have to wait 7-8 months after being told it would be 3-4??? It will be over a year since I reserved to get my car, now.

Not happy,
TT

I have to say it did seem odd when orders from October all the way into January recieved the April date.
My September order is still showing April. The waiting has been tough for certain.

I was actually hoping I might move up to March but that idea seems pretty slim now.

smkettner said:
I was actually hoping I might move up to March but that idea seems pretty slim now.
Yeah, I had the foolish hope of the same thing. Now we just get to hope that we don't get slipped to May. For all that have slipped, all I can do is offer my condolences. It's a bummer.

April now May as well. I don't mind the wait just a little worried that CVRP might run out of money before then. I've been accepted in the EVProject yesterday, maybe something to do with this?

trentr said:
April now May as well. I don't mind the wait just a little worried that CVRP might run out of money before then. I've been accepted in the EVProject yesterday, maybe something to do with this?
I would speculate Nissan just mapped when these cars would actually run down the line and could not ensure April delivery as previously indicated.

I'm wondering whether it is because of the load on Ecotality to supply and install the EVSEs.

ps : yesterday during my Blink install the ecotality rep took pains to tell me the delays are not because of ecotality. Did he protest too much ?

Back