Warranty Supplemental and Marketing Assessment Fee

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeinekid

I am posting this since it does not come up when I search the forums here and Google yields no details other than posts related to Nissan leases.

Does anyone have any idea what this is exactly? Dealer states that it is not an "add-on". Looks negotiable to me as I can see no reason to pay $307.00 above and beyond the acquisition fee for something that is not related to price, options and TT&L. I don't recall ever seeing it before and it is showing as part of the terms of a lease quote I am trying to work with. The charge is $307.00.

$27113.00 (dealer invoice on car and charge package)
+299.00 (tint)
+132.00 (floor mats)
+850.00 (destination)
+307.00 (MA & WSC)
_________
$28701.00
-8150.00 (rebate)
_________
$20551.00
-15600.00 (residual value $31200 x 0.5)
_________
$ 4951.00 + Acquisition fee & TTL

I'd tell them that unless this is for an additional warranty (and not a service contract for things like oil changes), you'll pass on it. Is the car an S? Because the price seems to indicate that, but I thought the residual for the S was fixed at about $12k...

LeftieBiker said:
I'd tell them that unless this is for an additional warranty (and not a service contract for things like oil changes), you'll pass on it. Is the car an S? Because the price seems to indicate that, but I thought the residual for the S was fixed at about $12k...
Yep. It is an S. I was quoted a residual percentage of 50%. I calculated the $15600.00 number based on the MSRP since I am under the impression that this is how it is done. The actual sale price would be $28701.00 before the rebate for a final price of $20551.00. Unfortunately, we don't have any other incentives here in Houston.

Tell you aren't paying it period. All these various add-on's are horse manure.

Stick with the basics when evaluating Leases for the same model car within a specific geographic area:
1. Out the Door" including Down Payment and 1st month's payment
2. (# of remaining Months) X Monthly Payment
3. End of Lease Disposition Fee (if applicable)

Only way to compare "apples to apples."

think of it as one reason your taxes are lower in TX than in states with strong regulation.
TX needs some consumer laws.
Auto dealers are particularly notorious for cutting special deals and protecting their interests and gutting consumer regulations in state capitals.

Back