Warning light illuminated after a charge.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supra410

I was at the DS weds to leach a few kWhs. I unplugged and hopped in the car and started it up. I noticed an amber malfunction indicator in the shape of a car with and exclamation in the middle. It's the light to the right of the ready light. The ready light also lit. I turned off the car and restarted and the light extinguished. It has not come back. I searched about this light, but it seemed to have something to do with the climate control. Any insight would be appreciated.

This is from a 2013 Leaf Owner's Manual:
EV system warning light
This light illuminates if there is a malfunction in the
following systems. Contact a NISSAN certified
LEAF dealer.
• Traction motor and inverter system
• Charge port or on board charger
• Li-ion battery system
• Cooling system
• Shift control system
• Emergency shut off system is activated. See
Emergency shut off system in the EV overview
section.

Happens on my 2011 if I stop blink qc before the scheduled level. But then again carwings sends a charging stopped message when I plug in. Blink charger is common item to these errors.

a quick power cycle clears the warning light for me.

hmmm, when I plugged in the car. I noticed the lights on the evse were not lit. Before I investigated it, a lot porter walked by and stuck the fuse panel in to start the evse. I wonder if the surge may have tripped the light? I recycled the car and have yet to see it again.

I've seen it with both cars. It's only tripped with certain Blink QCs. I just Power off, then back on,and it always goes away. It's nothing to be concerned about.

So my lith ion battery died, while waiting for tow, my 12v battery died as well. After which a t/m malfunction warning appeared. When the tow got there he jumped my 12v batt, then the light went away. Charged lith ion at house and all gravy. Guess that the t/m runs off computer which needs 12v battery to be charged.

Back