Wait to cool first or charge spent battery first?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
i dont know if i would set the end timer that near the departure time. its rare that you have the luxury of leaving later due to work or whatever, but i find it common that i have to leave a half hour earlier for a laundry list of random reasons.
The end-timer already has a buffer of 30-60 minutes for you. Even if you do leave 30-60 minutes before it finishes - that's 6-12 miles of range, hardly a deal breaker the majority unless you regularly go below LBW when those early departures occur.

downeykp said:
Does anyone else see why this might be a design that will never be adopted by the masses. So Joe Consumer buys one of these, he really should not charge to 100%. He should not QC too often or charge too soon or let full charge stay on batteries too long. I could go on but this is starting to get ridiculous. Us first adopters know a lot of these things, but expecting the masses to do or don't do all of these things are going to kill this whole movement. Maybe all of this was not thought out very well.
Great points. There is the question of how much it matters, though. Agree Joe Consumer will never bother with this, but if he ignores temp, charges when he wants and to whatever percentage, perhaps the real degradation of the battery won't be all that much worse anyway (even if it's not ideal).

Back