Waht happens if you plug in Chademo and L2 at the same time?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svanhoosen

I notice that it looks physically possible to plug in the DCQC and the L2 at the same time, though something tells me this would not be a good idea. Has anyone tried it, or found instructions that say you can or cannot do it?

- Scott

The DC lines from the CHAdeMO will feed back into the AC lines of the J1772 connector and blow out power transformers all across the country causing a major power outage. Whatever you do, don't do this!!! :twisted:

Seriously, though, the owner's manual covers this. On the 2011 manual, pg CH-8, it says:
The Li-ion battery cannot be charged if the quick charge connector and the normal charge connector are connected at the same time. If another charge connector is connected mid-charge, charging will stop.
They thought of that... :roll:

Are you trying to cause total protonic reversal?

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was pretty sure the answer would have something to do with interrupting the space-time continuum, but the previous answers seem much more reasonable.

ILETRIC said:
Try finding a QC next to an L2 somewhere in America.
Good luck!
Most of the Blink QC stations in the SF Bay Area have Blink L2 stations next to them. VW in Belmont, the first installed, is the only exception I can think of.

I drove by Glendale Nissan earlier and while I didn't drive into their lot and try it for myself, their QC and L2 units do appear close enough to make this possible. I would imagine other Nissan QC's would likely be similar.

As far as what happens if you do plug both in at the same time, I was thinking more along the lines of transporting yourself back in time... :lol:

Back