VPP pricing for 2014 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScorpioLeaf

I'm a VPP member through my employer and just received a flyer which shows VPP pricing for 2014 LEAF. This pricing has all the taxes and fees covered (not sure.. see below) in the monthly payments and only 1st month payment is due at signing. This pricing doesn't include sales tax which is around 9% in SF bay area.

All for base models for 36 months lease, 12K miles/year:

S - $227/month
SV -$270/month
SL - $315/month

I'm planning to lease base SV model. Just wondering if anybody able to get lower price than this? Can you negotiate VPP pricing with dealers or this is set in stone/lowest.

I was considering 2013 SV but it doesn't have rear view camera and don't want to pay additional $1000 for premium package.

[Update]
Some more information:

VPP pricing for SV: $30163
cap cost: $23258
Residual: $14126

Total finance charge over 36 months comes out to be $588

For SV its 253.67 + 16.33 (finance charge) = $270 + 9% tax = $294.3 /month (0 down)

[Update2]

Reading the flyer again, it says "with first payment down for 36 months and only first month's payment due at signing" but at the bottom in the fine print it says "excludes taxes, title and license". I thought "excludes taxes" means the sales tax but just realized you also have to pay taxes on the $7500 rebate.
Can somebody who has leased via VPP program or knowledge can clarify if its really 0 down with only first month payment due or you still have to pay taxes on 7500 which is $675 and other fees.

How many miles per year? How much down?

I recommend people find out the purchase price of the vehicle, and understand why the lease payments have come to that value. You can negotiate and secure a better deal if you do it this way. You'll want to find out what the purchase price is, the down payment, the money factor, and how many contracted miles there are.

http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click the calculator link on the bottom and plug in the values.

The dealer recommended we pay the extra for 15,000 miles per year and we are using all of it, sometime even more than that rate. My wife's commute is only 18 miles RT but we still end up driving 300 miles per week. We use Graffi for all our travel unless we need to use a second ICE car. We love it.

Good luck on your lease. I do recommend that you plan to get a home EVSE, 240v / 40amp dedicated circuit. As soon as we get home we pull into the garage and plug in. We have ours set to charge to 80%, so it only takes a little over half-hour and we are ready to go again. We also have the Climate Control set to be ready when she leaves for work, so it usually is at 85% charge when she unplugs.

Back