Vehicle Phonebook Erased

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oobflyer

I programmed the five phone numbers into the vehicle phonebook when I got my Leaf, but when I tried to dial a phone number yesterday I got the response, "vehicle phonebook net set up". I went to my settings to see - and sure enough there were no phone numbers. They were all erased.
Any idea how this happened? Is this happening to other people? A search of this forum turned up nothing like it, so maybe it's a rare glitch....

Meanwhile I reprogrammed the phone numbers - we'll see if it happens again.

oobflyer said:
I programmed the five phone numbers into the vehicle phonebook when I got my Leaf, but when I tried to dial a phone number yesterday I got the response, "vehicle phonebook net set up". I went to my settings to see - and sure enough there were no phone numbers. They were all erased.
Any idea how this happened? Is this happening to other people? A search of this forum turned up nothing like it, so maybe it's a rare glitch....

Meanwhile I reprogrammed the phone numbers - we'll see if it happens again.

Have you had any software updates since you used the vehicle phone book? The door chime, etc. software update clears timer settings so maybe it also clears the vehicle phone book.

Gerry

DaveinOlyWA said:
weird. different phone maybe? cant see how changing phones would affect the LEAFs phone book but you never know...
Switching phones does change the phonebook that loads on the Leaf. I can confirm since I upgraded phones last Monday and had to reload my phonebook entries back into the car.

Not only is the vehicle phone book dependent upon which phone is connected, when you re-pair a phone you have to start from scratch.

DarkStar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
weird. different phone maybe? cant see how changing phones would affect the LEAFs phone book but you never know...
Switching phones does change the phonebook that loads on the Leaf. I can confirm since I upgraded phones last Monday and had to reload my phonebook entries back into the car.

my post obviously does a very poor job of implying this. there are two entities involved. that is the phonebook on the phone and the 5 number entry that is loaded directly to the car. that 5 number entry should be static phone to phone.

the phone book entry from the phone changes based on which phone is paired to the car at the time.

DaveinOlyWA said:
DarkStar said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

my post obviously does a very poor job of implying this. there are two entities involved. that is the phonebook on the phone and the 5 number entry that is loaded directly to the car. that 5 number entry should be static phone to phone.

the phone book entry from the phone changes based on which phone is paired to the car at the time.
Unfortunately those 5 numbers you entered into the vehicle are not static phone to phone.

Back