Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
updated version 0.17t

If you tap on the "Gids" label you toggle between Gids (Gids%) and %Gids (Gids). For those of you who like to see %Gids as the first number in a large font.

leafbat017tb.png
Beautiful! Only 2 small nits:

--there should be some space between the "%" sign and "'Gids" like there is with "% SOC"; not sure if all of the numbers should be moved a small amount to the right to keep the screen balanced.
--when I first tested it, the area to tap on the "Gids" label seemed a bit smaller than optimal. Not sure now that I am used to it, but was missing it a few times until I got the hang of it.

PS Seems like there should be something in the space below Gids, but I am running out of good ideas. It might be useful to show the % CAP there if it isn't reserved for something else (like braking info, but I think you said that was on the EV-CAN).

Stoaty said:
Turbo3 said:
updated version 0.17t

If you tap on the "Gids" label you toggle between Gids (Gids%) and %Gids (Gids). For those of you who like to see %Gids as the first number in a large font.

leafbat017tb.png
Beautiful! Only 2 small nits:

--there should be some space between the "%" sign and "'Gids" like there is with "% SOC"; not sure if all of the numbers should be moved a small amount to the right to keep the screen balanced.
--when I first tested it, the area to tap on the "Gids" label seemed a bit smaller than optimal. Not sure now that I am used to it, but was missing it a few times until I got the hang of it.

PS Seems like there should be something in the space below Gids, but I am running out of good ideas. It might be useful to show the % CAP there if it isn't reserved for something else (like braking info, but I think you said that was on the EV-CAN).

Tire Pressures.

I am inending to use the app in the Landscape mode,
because it is easier (for me) to mount it, and I want to
be able to see the graphics screens.

So, it would be nice if Screen 3 could have one layout for
Portrait mode, but a two-column layout for Landscape mode.

garygid said:
What Android API are you using in B4A ... API 8 to API 17?
What Windows driver do I need for the Kyocera Event "Modem"?
Thanks, Gary
I downloaded all the APIs from 8 to17 and my Manifest lists <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" />. I did not really set anything so that must be the defalut setting.

For the kyocera I used their driver from their web site kc02us_setup_x86.msi

garygid said:
I am inending to use the app in the Landscape mode,
because it is easier (for me) to mount it, and I want to
be able to see the graphics screens.

So, it would be nice if Screen 3 could have one layout for
Portrait mode, but a two-column layout for Landscape mode.
+1. Could I also request the removal of the 'progress bar' on top of the connection status since 'Connected' already means it is working? The never stopping bar distracts me a lot from the real screen.

Thanks!

batteryproblemmnl
Could we please add a parameter called battery efficiency or something along those lines? This would be a percentage value we would use to multiply the kWh shown on the display with, and it would be implicitly also used for DTE calculations. It could go under the DTE section in the preferences, or under %CAP, if we renamed this section to Battery. The value could default to 100% initially, and be then adjusted to something between 95% to 97% in the future, once there is consensus on what makes the most sense.

To be clear, I'm not trying to re-open the discussion on 21 kWh usable capacity. I just think that this might be a good opportunity to get more accurate measurements from both new and older cars. If that doesn't happen, we can always fall back to the baseline, which was established last year, and would correspond to about 95% battery efficiency (21 kWh usable, not counting the reserve). I think having this in the app would be beneficial, and it would complete the picture. Now that we have 'Gids, it would be good to focus on figuring a good way to work usable energy into the app.

I hope someone can help my friend download this app. He checked the 'allow' downloads box with his Kyocera Event, but when he downloaded the App it said ' untitled download unsuccessful'.
Jim, could you please post your Dropbox link again on page one? Maybe he can get that one to.dl successfully. Thanks!

Thanks! Before I call him back, we are both puzzled why it won't download. So if this Dropbox idea doesn't work, do you have any ideas to solve his problem? I have the same phone and every dl worked without any problems.

When you download from the first page you are downloading a .zip file. If the phone does not have an app to unzip then it will not work. Insatall an unzip app and see if that helps. The zip is not from DropBox but from this site.

Turbo3 said:
When you download from the first page you are downloading a .zip file. If the phone does not have an app to unzip then it will not work. Insatall an unzip app and see if that helps. The zip is not from DropBox but from this site.

Ah! Thanks! So the Dropbox one should work then since it is not a zip file?

I now have a second ELM327 that doesn't seem to work with the Event phone. Very frustrated. Can someone please provide step by step instructions on how to get the device to work with the phone and the app? Assume nothing has been paired and its the first time to try it. If everyone is agreeable, please post the step by step instructions here because there are other people having the same problem pairing the ELM327 to the Event phone. Thanks in advance, and Turbo3, thanks for all your hard work. This app is turning out great! Just wish I could try it. :(

Apparently the Kyocera event phone will only allow some modest number
of starting the WiFi. After that it stalls when trying to activate the WiFi,
and it seems necessary to hold the On/Off switch on the side of
the phone for 10 seconds to power off the phone.
Then a short press powers back On, and the phone reboots,
giving you a modest number of WiFi starts again.

garygid said:
Apparently the Kyocera event phone will only allow some modest number
of starting the WiFi. After that it stalls when trying to activate the WiFi,
and it seems necessary to hold the On/Off switch on the side of
the phone for 10 seconds to power off the phone.
Then a short press powers back On, and the phone reboots,
giving you a modest number of WiFi starts again.

Yes, I've tried rebooting the phone and then attempting to pair immediately after restarting it. Still didn't work.

Back