Used Leaf or Volt below $15,000?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I know about the red Leaf at Capital Chevrolet, because that car used to be mine!

1 bar lost, 44.3K miles. GIDs varied between 210-215 as of 2 weeks ago. aH was at 52.9. 4.4 miles/Kwh. Mixed freeway and highway average was 54 miles to VLBW. Straight highway at 55 to 58 mph from San Jose to Fremont at 100% (no HVAC) would get 57 miles to VLBW.

I could wait until all 4 bars go, but at the rate of 1600 miles/month, I'm not likely to make the warranty (I'll likely pass 60K by next summer). We need to charge to 100% every morning, versus 80% just a year ago. Also with my wife's commute to Sunnyvale from San Jose (44 miles round-trip), she's coming back at LBW at end of every day. At 2-3 bars lost, the car will become not suitable for the commute. Destination at work doesn't have a charger yet.

Other factor is that my favorite public chargers are now being occupied (talk about "charger anxiety"). That's great that EVs have really taken off, but the infrastructure has not followed at the same pace. With the range shrinking so rapidly, the car is becoming less usable for weekend trips (that go beyond ~25 roundtrips and not using HVAC).

We also use the HOV lanes frequently, and the green ones could possibly run out by mid-2014. The green ones have been extended to expire on 2019. Our LEAF will likely not make it to 2019 (even if I opt for the proposed SYB or replacement battery).

If I got the SYB route, I'm sure nobody would buy our LEAF, and no dealer will trade it in. The battery would now be leased, but I own the car? Everyone would get confused, and it will take a while for people to figure it out (or not).

So I had to make the tough decision to sell our LEAF now. It's a tragedy, because the car was in such terrific shape, and I intended to keep the car much, much longer.

I decided to also sell now, as the temps are colder, and I don't want to wait until late spring/summer when the temps heat up (and the new plug-in car possibly sitting on the manufacturer/dealer lot in the broiling sun). So I bought a 2014 Volt and traded the LEAF in last week.

CayenneSJLEAFy said:
Well I know about the red Leaf at Capital Chevrolet, because that car used to be mine!

Infiniti 639i speakers and FIAMM 74100 El Grande twin horns
LEAF DD Dash Display

Did you leave the mods in or did you remove some of them to sell separately?

Back