USB plug not charging the cell phone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valdemar said:
I did try to use a USB charging cable which basically has the data pins shorted which tells the device it can draw as much power as it needs, but this overloads the port and triggers overcurrent protection after some time shutting the voltage off on the USB port completely until the car is restarted.

Looked at the stored DTCs recently and this event has even been logged:

Screenshot_2016-02-03-19-32-55.png

JohnBike said:
I can charge my iPhone 5 in our 2014 Leaf S just fine. However, I use the lighter plug anyway because the damn Leaf radio takes control of the phone every time it's plugged in to the USB and tries to run my phone's playlist when I really just want the local FM station. Lighter plug solves two problems: low charge rate and that stupid phone control. Unfortunately, it seems that almost all of the OEM and after-market radio/USB devices do just the same.

I bet it is possible to bypass audio input switching if USB cable does not have data pins connected. So only 0V and 5V are used.
This way vehicle can not identify any devices connected to it and phone will also not try to do some silly stuff.

Back