Upgrade radio in S model

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billaz

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has replaced a radio in a 2013 S model? Can I upgrade to the navigation radio from another Leaf? There is one is a wrecking yard near me that is willing to sell the parts to me. I know the AC is different between the two models, but would the plugs to my current radio be plug and play for the most part? I do have the backup camera if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

-Bill

where are you? how far from 19057 or 08215?

I REALLY want to find a cheap drivers seat from a leaf. any functional condition (I love my leaf seat so much I want to put one in my Geo metro BADLY!!)

billaz said:
Can I upgrade to the navigation radio from another Leaf? There is one is a wrecking yard near me that is willing to sell the parts to me. I know the AC is different between the two models, but would the plugs to my current radio be plug and play for the most part? I do have the backup camera if that makes a difference.
I've not looked at this but on the Nissan site you can download the wiring diagrams for the two vehicles and see. I suspect you will not find it very plug-n-play as the Carwings components are also partially integrated into that "radio." If you do try it, let us know. This summer I'll be looking to install something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QP0UIWO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3N1ERK80IY412&coliid=I2HWN1AOUOMHX1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back