Universal Nissan charging 9 or 10k OVER MSRP for Orphans

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

I gave my friend a test drive of my Leaf who's interested in buying one. She told me she was looking at buying an orphan from Universal.

They were quoting her $42k!!!!!!

Naturally... I sent her in the direction of Fontana. :) Hopefully Alex and everyone else over there can find her one. Alex said that price sounds ridiculous.

Universal wouldn't give me a MSRP price when I did my RAQ too.

Mossy in Kearny Mesa San Diego likely to have orphans at MSRP. I picked one up a month ago. They do a large volume and seem to have Orphans at or near MSRP and will deliver it and you to Oceanside so LA folks can make it home on a charge!

cdub said:
I gave my friend a test drive of my Leaf who's interested in buying one. She told me she was looking at buying an orphan from Universal.

Naturally... I sent her in the direction of Fontana. :) Hopefully Alex and everyone else over there can find her one. Alex said that price sounds ridiculous.

I live in Santa Monica, and wanted an orphan. I ended up calling pretty much every single dealer in the LA area, asking if a) they had any orphans, and b) whether they'd be willing to sell for MSRP.

Of all the dealers in LA, only Van Nuys, Fontana, and Alhambra had indicated they'd sell for MSRP. However, none of them had any orphans. All the other dealers in LA wanted between $3k and $15k, or didn't think they'd get any orphans for a while.

I ended up getting my car from Mossy Kearny Mesa in San Diego. I had them fully charge the car and -- driving 55 all the way -- made it to OC Nissan in Irvine (near the Spectrum) with 20 miles of charge to spare. A few hours of charge and I made it the rest of the way home.

Universal has always been, and continues to be, a bunch of sleazeballs! I'd never buy anything from them nor recommend anyone to them!

cdub said:

Back