Two delivery push-outs in a row.....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunt822

Just wanted to share my frustration and see if there are other unlucky reservationists.

I had vin 1388 and delivery week of Apr 23. But nothing happenned.
Mid may I got new vin and new date - June 3rd. Today - nothing....

Just now I got another vin - 4149 now.... and June 24th delivery...

WHAT's going on???
Anyone else had similar poor delivery management from Nissan?

Stunt822 said:
WHAT's going on???

When did you place your order? If you were one of the "Lucky Ducks" that ordered in Jan. or early Feb., you may be finding yourself being placed into the "proper" order in Nissan's queue.

I'm a Nov 8th order and scheduled for delivery "Week of June 23rd." And yes, I've had similar management... :x

Stunt822 said:
Just wanted to share my frustration and see if there are other unlucky reservationists.

WHAT's going on???
I am starting to think some of the late April cars have turned out to need much more work than expected so Nissan is finding replacements.
Just speculation.

smkettner said:
I am starting to think some of the late April cars have turned out to need much more work than expected so Nissan is finding replacements. Just speculation.
Exactly what I have been wondering. That would explain the slipping dates to have the Pollen cars cleaned. Perhaps they are cleaning 1-2 per day between all the other work of getting the non-pollen cars shipped out.

Stunt822 said:
WHAT's going on???

All you have to do is read 'Forgotten Sept./Oct. Orders' and 'June Deliveries' and you will see how many of us are really frustrated.

I had this happen to me today. Reserved March 25th, Ordered December 15th. Dashboard said "Month of March" then "Month of April" then "Month of May", then "week of May 6th". Then I got a call from Nissan saying my car should leave the doc within the next week and arrive at my dealer toward the end of May. After that my "Week of May 6th" didn't change, until today.

Got an email from Nissan saying "your delivery date has changed". When I checked on it, my vin number had changed from 1840 to 2398.

I IM'ed with a CS rep at Nissan though the web site. They told me that my original 1840 vin Leaf had no release date from the dock now, and the new one, VIN 2398 had a release date and would arrive sooner.

I am with the previous thought that there might be something wrong with them that they are fixing on the dock. Something bad enough that they don't know how long it will take to fix them. I wonder if a large batch of the pre-EQ Leafs have some sort of systemic problem that maybe 1 in 5 of them or something is totally unfit to be shipped. They have been sitting there now for over 2 months now, this could be enough time for batteries to go flat and maybe not come back. (?)

I think the pollen excuse might be what the CS people were told to tell us and is really code for failed cells in the traction pack that need replaced or some other major component.

TurboFroggy said:
I think the pollen excuse might be what the CS people were told to tell us and is really code for failed cells in the traction pack that need replaced or some other major component.
Or it really was pollen and on these cars the finish was damaged.

Interesting theory...I have VIN #1855, close to your 1840, but I was told no pollen on the car and it has been in port since Mar. 22nd.

LEAFfan said:
Interesting theory...I have VIN #1855, close to your 1840, but I was told no pollen on the car and it has been in port since Mar. 22nd.

Very interesting. Similar situation here, 2063. It was scheduled to depart the port back on May 3rd with a week of May 6th date, then it was waiting on accessories, and was to be delivered week of May 27th. Then it was put on hold for an unknown reason. New date over the weekend of June 27th and it's again scheduled to depart the port. I don't have a new VIN though, yet :).

Queenbee, I received a phone call from Brendan Jones the next morning after I emailed (maybe it was my forceful email that got a phone call) Brian Carolin. The biggest thing Brendan did for me was to change the dealer to one locally and still keep the same deal. As far as delivery goes, he told me it would be here no later than last Sat., but that didn't happen. Now, he is saying no later than this Wed. as it left the port on Friday. He wouldn't tell me why it has been in port for over two months. I'm suspecting pollen. We'll see. I'm sure he can help you too!

LEAFfan - how in the world did you get Nissan to change dealers for you? I've been trying that for 2 months and been TOTALLY unsuccessful!

I've also seen my date change - week of June 24, week of June 27, week of June 29 and now week of July 1. We have a VIN; but I'm pretty sure that's not worth much. So far, we've had several people stop in front of our house and wonder what the "EV" box is for, with the empty driveway in front of it.

Does anyone know what the "penalty" is if one backs out of "the deal" after Ecotality has installed the EV Project charger? I wonder if a case could be made around the changing delivery dates; at least so that one could "walk away" unscathed.

:(

Back