TSLA stock price discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow might be another buying opportunity.....

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/27472-Another-Tesla-fire-in-a-garage-this-time-in-Toronto?p=579489#top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looking like the market shrugged it off so far...

palmermd said:
Tomorrow might be another buying opportunity.....

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/27472-Another-Tesla-fire-in-a-garage-this-time-in-Toronto?p=579489#top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yep, oh well. It was such a poorly written article, and such a non event, that I think that this issue will finally go away. I was hoping for a dip so I can purchase some more shares.

I'm hoping it follows the usual trend of going down the next trading day after an earnings announcement because I want to buy more.

GeekEV said:
I'm hoping it follows the usual trend of going down the next trading day after an earnings announcement because I want to buy more.

Me too. I was away from the computer all day, and when I saw that the price dropped today I was bummed that I was not paying attention and bought some. Missed the dip. Perhaps it'll pull back tomorrow, but I have a hunch that it'll stabilize for the next week. It might dip after next weeks discussion about the giga-battery factory. If they do a stock offering, it will dilute and cause a small dip. Should be an interesting week. We might get a NHTSA announcement, and next week with a gigafacory announcement.

I actually sold off during the slump today expecting the previous trends to repeat. I hope they do. ;)

What's the difference between gambling and the stock market again?

palmermd said:
GeekEV said:

Me too. I was away from the computer all day, and when I saw that the price dropped today I was bummed that I was not paying attention and bought some. Missed the dip. Perhaps it'll pull back tomorrow, but I have a hunch that it'll stabilize for the next week. It might dip after next weeks discussion about the giga-battery factory. If they do a stock offering, it will dilute and cause a small dip. Should be an interesting week. We might get a NHTSA announcement, and next week with a gigafacory announcement.

I'm wondering if we are seeing a major short squeeze here.
As you say, it should be a very interesting week to ten days.

Pricing has dropped off substantially from where it was last night in after-hours trading, but it's still up $16 for the day.

That certainly is helping, but I think thee are other factors.
One of which, as a WAG, is a short squeeze.

Half the market cap of both F and GM. IMO this is either way overvalued or way undervalued.

A straddle seems like a good play, although just my luck it will park at $250 for the next year, long after options expired.

LTLFTcomposite said:
A straddle seems like a good play, although just my luck it will park at $250 for the next year, long after options expired.
Gigafactory announcement is this week - it might move the needle a bit. After that I expect it to go sideways till next quarter earnings (unless some news breaks out).

Back