Truckload of Leafs delivered to Boardwalk

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avilent

I saw a truck full of Leaf's being delivered at BoardWalk Nissan (Redwood City) this afternoon 5/9/11. :D 12 Leafs in total, all colors with VINs ranging from 48x to 22xx. This should make some happy families in the Bay Area. The lucky new owners should expect calls from our most effective friend Brendan Dolan at Boardwalk :geek:

I believe that one of the Blue ones was mine. I got a call from the Service Manager letting me know that it came in this afternoon. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Too bad you did not get a photo of the transporter unloading.

Feel free to publish the VINs. I can't seem to get much info from the sales force at Boardwalk.

OrientExpress said:
I believe that one of the Blue ones was mine. I got a call from the Service Manager letting me know that it came in this afternoon. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday.
Lucky you! I'm still waiting for my blue one to show up! :-(

OrientExpress said:
Too bad you did not get a photo of the transporter unloading.
and
evmike said:
Feel free to publish the VINs. I can't seem to get much info from the sales force at Boardwalk.
Indeed! I'd love to see a list of VINs that are showing up, if only to add more meaningless clues to this whole puzzle...
Though I'd also love to just see a picture of the transporter full of new Leafs if only to confirm that someone is getting their car.

Thanks for the photo, just what I wanted to see!

5705634533_f27a91d0f9.jpg

Looks like that white one isn't mine. I'm still stuck in Long Beach for no apparent reason other than "scheduled for shipment."

Welcome to the club. I've been in that "state" since 4/19. "No new information" is the theme song of Nissan CS these days.

i went by there today and only saw 2 leafs sitting outside the dealership proper. both blue and vins in the 1500 and 1600 range. either they already cleared out all those leafs or they were hiding in the back somewhere, i didnt look around in any of the adjacent parking lots...

My Leaf arrived at Boardwalk yesterday, and I picked it up this afternoon!

Evidently they've been getting (much more) frequent deliveries over the past week or so.

They're prepping another batch now, but it seems like you won't hear from them until it's "ready" to schedule your delivery appointment, and they're not interested in having VINs (or pictures) shared before the cars are ready.

In my case, the front license plate frame was already on my car by the time they called so I didn't have the option of not having them install it.

I think the white one is mine. I was able to get a quick note off to Brendan to leave off the front license plate holder.

We will see if I get a call tomorrow.

Of course, not even a call about installing the Blink charger. I will try to swap the 120v charger for a modified 120/240v one on Saturday at the Newark meeting.

i've seen a couple of posts talking about the front license plate holder... is this just an aesthetic thing, or is there some real reason to not install the front plate?

astrorob said:
i've seen a couple of posts talking about the front license plate holder... is this just an aesthetic thing, or is there some real reason to not install the front plate?

Vanity.

The front plate *is* required in the People's Republik of Kalifornia, even though lots of cars don't have it. They just get a "fix-it" ticket very, very rarely. I've never gotten that ticket here, even though I've occasionally owned cars without the plate.

My dealer, Mossy Nissan Poway, did not mount the plate (I didn't ask them not to) and will install it on request.

astrorob said:

Also, mounting the plate forces them to drill holes in the plastic bumper. Once those holes are drilled, they're there forever. IF I were to resell the car in a state that doesn't require front plates, the potential owner may not want the holes or mounting plate installed in the first place.

I requested my dealer NOT install the plate.....so the mounting bracket is sitting on a shelf in my garage safe when when I need it. (or not!)

astrorob said:
Strictly aesthetics. Since it IS required in CA, I plan to allow it to be installed normally.

Back