Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYLEAF said:
He was really pushing hard for a deposit, but I refused, since I thought I would be "guaranteed" first shot at my car. Who knows, I'm just speculating now. It'll come when it comes...at this point, I'm honestly leaning towards not even getting the car, so it may not matter much in the end!

Sounds like a crappy dealer. You should be guaranteed first shot at your car. No deposit is required. I'd watch every line item at that dealer if I were you.

This is Long Island...as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a nice, friendly, or trustworthy car dealer anywhere near here. Certainly not within Leaf range! I'm fairly positive I'm going to run into issues once I get into the dealer, and therefore I've already mentally prepared myself that I'm NOT getting this car when it arrives. I'm sort of hoping that in 8 months, the 2013 will be available to order, for less money, and the dealers will be selling for a bit under sticker, and maaaaaaybeeeee with slightly less hassle.

Picking up my Leaf this afternoon, so I won't be doing any ship tracking any more. Good luck to all the Leafers still waiting!

relytgerg said:
Picking up my Leaf this afternoon, so I won't be doing any ship tracking any more. Good luck to all the Leafers still waiting!

Congratulations and enjoy! I'm sure the waiting LEAFers will miss your routine reports. Heck, even I've continued to follow this thread because I've been impressed by your methodical search for your LEAF and have been awaiting the day you finally got it!

I got my VIN! Customer service called me and gave it to me, and walked me through manually setting up a carwings account. No VIN shows on the "My Account" page, and it's still sticking to Week of Jan 20. The CS rep told me that my car came in through Virginia, which really makes no sense since I live very close to the Newark port, but I won't question Nissan's wisdom. Hopefully I'll get that call soon... :D

lpickup said:
relytgerg said:

Congratulations and enjoy! I'm sure the waiting LEAFers will miss your routine reports. Heck, even I've continued to follow this thread because I've been impressed by your methodical search for your LEAF and have been awaiting the day you finally got it!
Thanks lpickup!

It drives great. It's already all dirty from slush, though.

Utopia Ace is underway again, just departed Jacksonville headed for Norfolk; I'm thinking she should make Newark late this week.

tps said:
Utopia Ace is now docked at Norfolk.

My bet is my vehicle is on the Utopia Ace. Nissan cs said my car will be wholesaled to dealer by 1-26 and arrive @ dealer by 1-30. Do you know when she's schedule to arrive in NJ?

charge said:
tps said:

My bet is my vehicle is on the Utopia Ace. Nissan cs said my car will be wholesaled to dealer by 1-26 and arrive @ dealer by 1-30. Do you know when she's schedule to arrive in NJ?
Utopia Ace is a few days behind schedule, but I'm expecting her to arrive at Newark FAPS (actually Elizabeth, NJ, if the stickers on the demo LEAF are correct) on Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing my LEAF is on Utopia Ace, also.

http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/courageous_ace/courageous_ace2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tps said:
charge said:
tps said:

Utopia Ace is a few days behind schedule, but I'm expecting her to arrive at Newark FAPS (actually Elizabeth, NJ, if the stickers on the demo LEAF are correct) on Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing my LEAF is on Utopia Ace, also.

http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/courageous_ace/courageous_ace2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She's back on the move and due into Newark on the 26th. Must be carrying our "leaves"! :D

Utopia Ace seems to be stopped east of Atlantic City for the past couple hours. The track she took has remained continuously "in range" since departing Norfolk...

Don't think mine is on the Utopia. Got an email from the dealer today that the car is in. Going to get it this Saturday. Yeah!

Still no VIN, so I'm guessing mine is on the Utopia Ace. She's making 17 knots toward Newark again. Musta been something about the color or options which delayed mine. (Black, SL, mats, spalsh guards) I certainly had a very early Tier 4 order (2011-11-30 around 1:30PM was when I accepted the quote.)

I know that you, tps, were ahead of me. I can not understand how orders were handled. I ordered red, sl, floor mats, and storage organizer. Yours must be very close.

This is strange. Utopia Ace is sailing in circles. She was headed for Newark, now she's back down by Atlantic City! Wonder what's up with that?

Nonetheless, my estimated delivery is still week of Feb 6; it has been there for almost 8 weeks, no change. I'd love to be getting that call from the dealer any day now, but I think this is going to drag out for a couple more weeks... I tried, but I guess I just drew the short straw. Even though I had an early order, I'm nowhere near the first PA delivery; I think that happened over 3 weeks ago.

I got the call from the dealer tonight that my car is in. He said an entire truck of Leafs came in, their first batch. The biggest issue they're having is that they don't have enough charging stations to charge them all up before the new happy owners come in tomorrow to take delivery. I'm sitting here like a nervous wreck with last-minute anxiety! Crunching numbers like crazy to see if I can afford this car. I better just go to sleep!

Utopia Ace is now in stopped at the entrance to New York harbor, still a few miles from the dock at FAPS. This is crazy. She should have been docked at FAPS yesterday before noon...

Back