Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tps said:
Elegant Ace is now underway headed from Newark back to Baltimore. Utopia Ace is currently out-of-range.
Utopia Ace has another stop on the west coast of Mexico (which she's already 3 days late for) before coming through the Panama Canal and up the east coast. If she remains 4 days late, it will be the 17th for Jacksonville, and the 19th for Newark. If that's the case and my Leaf is on that ship, it WILL be late, and past the 120 days.

On the http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site, the Utopia Ace has been updated with the following dates:
Panama Canal - 1/14
Jacksonville - 1/17
Norfolk (Newport News) - 1/18
Newark FAPS - 1/19

This four day delay corresponds exactly to the 4 day change in my "Week of" estimated delivery from 1/20 to 1/24. I think it's very likely that my Leaf is on this ship.

Now, if she would just come out of hiding and show up on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so I can track her.

relytgerg said:
On the http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site, the Utopia Ace has been updated with the following dates:
Panama Canal - 1/14
Jacksonville - 1/17
Newark FAPS - 1/19

This four day delay corresponds exactly to the 4 day change in my "Week of" estimated delivery from 1/20 to 1/24. I think it's very likely that my Leaf is on this ship.

Now, if she would just come out of hiding and show up on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so I can track her.
Another update just now adds a day to each of those!

relytgerg said:
Panama Canal - 1/14
Jacksonville - 1/17
Newark FAPS - 1/19

Mine changed to week of Jan 24th as well. Bummer!

I got a call this evening from Nissan CS, informing me that my car arrived at the port yesterday. :!: I asked what port, since I'm sure my car would be going through Newark, and I'm pretty sure nothing went into Newark yesterday. He didn't know what port, or what ship, or when I'd have my VIN, just that the car arrived at the port yesterday. Sounds like more BS to me... :shock:

NYLEAF said:
I got a call this evening from Nissan CS, informing me that my car arrived at the port yesterday. :!: I asked what port, since I'm sure my car would be going through Newark, and I'm pretty sure nothing went into Newark yesterday. He didn't know what port, or what ship, or when I'd have my VIN, just that the car arrived at the port yesterday. Sounds like more BS to me... :shock:
I checked Newark and Norfolk yesterday several times and didn't see any arrivals.

Courageous Ace has been sitting on the other side of the Panama Canal for several days but has started to make her way through today. Her schedule on the MOL site does not seem to be up to date, but does show a stop at Oppama a while back.

Palmela is docked in Jacksonville this morning. Shows a stop at Yokohama, but not Oppama recently.

The Utopia Ace has reappeared, right on time, just the other side of the Panama Canal. Now we'll see how soon she can get through.

Palmela is about to dock in Norfolk/Newport News and might be carrying Leafs.
Courageous Ace has just popped back into range and is headed for Jacksonville. She is almost certainly carrying Leafs.
In the meantime, Utopia Ace remains idle on the far side of the Panama Canal apparently waiting her turn. She will definitely be late.

Keep hoping you east coast Leaf buyers!

As an East Coast LEAFer, I often thought about this... wouldn't it be quicker to ship the cars to the west coast and then put them on trains to their final distribution points? It would be quicker but I imagine cost is the reason noone does it. :-(

Given my "Week of Feb 6", I think my LEAF is almost certainly on the Courageous Ace... I hope the captain can keep her moving!

Well, the Utopia Ace has finally started moving towards the Panama Canal. However, I don't think she'll make the scheduled arrival in Jacksonville tomorrow. I'd guess it will be more like the 22nd or 23rd.

Three ships on the move again:
Utopia Ace is through the canal and off into the Caribbean Sea on her way to Jacksonville.
Courageous Ace is just leaving Jacksonville on her way to Norfolk, I presume.
Palmela is just leaving Norfolk on her way to Newark FAPS, I believe.

NYLEAF said:
...and I'm STILL Week of January 20, still with no VIN! Absolutely crazy.

There have been cases before, in which the VIN has not been given until the car us unloaded. Remember that your "date" is not an specific, set-in-stone day, but a "Week of...", meaning 7 days before or after.

Your car could show up on Jan 27th and still be on schedule.

Just hang on, it will be worth it :D

amtoro said:
NYLEAF said:
...and I'm STILL Week of January 20, still with no VIN! Absolutely crazy.

There have been cases before, in which the VIN has not been given until the car us unloaded. Remember that your "date" is not an specific, set-in-stone day, but a "Week of...", meaning 7 days before or after.

Your car could show up on Jan 27th and still be on schedule.

Just hang on, it will be worth it :D

Well, Nissan CS did call me late last week to let me know the car had arrived in the US, but no VIN was available. They called me again tonight, letting me know that despite the car being due this Friday (and they did let me know that does mean through January 27th), there is still no VIN available, but that they'll call me when they have more information. I wouldn't be surprised if my dealer found a way to sell my car to someone else before I ever even got my VIN. He was really pushing hard for a deposit, but I refused, since I thought I would be "guaranteed" first shot at my car. Who knows, I'm just speculating now. It'll come when it comes...at this point, I'm honestly leaning towards not even getting the car, so it may not matter much in the end!

Back