Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimcmorr said:
Aren't there steps in the manufacture that occur after the cars arrive in the destination country? Perhaps it is the date when the car completes those steps, that is stated as your date of manufacture, not the date it left the factory in Japan???

I was thinking along the same lines. So you're probably right. Even though our DoM is 6/14, they could have come off the line in Japan and made it aboard the Adromeda Spirit.

No matter what the case, I'm happy that the delivery date is approaching! (I'll try not to hijack the point of this thread!)

Well it doesn't look like the late July/August deliveries are on any of the ships that are being tracked. Andromeda Spirit left Japan somewhere around the 9th. The latest batch of us who received VINs had manufacturing dates after that 6/14-6/16 I talked to Nissan CS again this morning to get a DOM for my Leaf and ask the status. Yesterday I was told that it is in port in the US and today I was told that it was en route to Long Beach. This would make sense if it were the AS, however, CS also said that my Leaf shipped on 6/23 so there would be no way that it's the AS, plus I have an estimated delivery from CS of 8/9. So it has to be a ship that's in the middle of the ocean somewhere and I can't look back to the 23rd in the port departure log for the Yokohama.

jwallace3 said:
Yesterday I was told that it is in port in the US and today I was told that it was en route to Long Beach.

This kind of goes back to my concern of, "how accurate is the information that Nissan CS is giving us?"

Yesterday they tell you it was already at the port, and today they tell you that it's on a boat?

Also, as someone else pointed out, the DoM is most likely the date that it is finalized at the port in LB. So using our DoM from Nissan CS can't help us gauge on which ships our cars came. I think I've given up trying to find out what ship my car came over on or which ship it is currently on... I'll just try to patiently wait for another month and hope that the time doesn't slip. Secretly I'll be thinking that my car is already on US soil, hopefully on a rail/truck to TN.

What?? My Leaf might have been just down Puget Sound from me and now has to go to Long Beach?! :)

So how are the east coast deliveries going to make the trip, on ship to Savannah, Ga or to California then trucked across the US?

I haven't seen any of our delivery ships at Oppama for quite some time now. There have been a few visits by the ships that just move around Japan - which we think may be the ships supplying parts.

Still the possibility, I guess, that production at the plant is low and that the local ships are ferrying finished cars to another location for loading onto the delivery ships.

Could plant production be low at this time to allow for setting things up for the new model year?

2012 model production should have started around the first week of September at latest.

you would think by last day of sept or first week of October a ship containing some 2012 leaf models would leave port for the US, in order to meet November deliveries promised

I have a Month of December delivery for my 2012. So, i am hoping they start getting those 2012 models over here as soon as as they can. 3 other guys in the forum have the same delivery month here in the Atlanata area. They opened Florida, NC , and Georgia so not sure how many sales have been made for remainder of this year for the 2012's delivery. Looking out the window for it everyday now that I have the Port Dock installed and sold my trade in. Car pooling with the wife to it arrives. I hope to hear something when it arrives at least in LB, or is loaded on the train east.

The Andromeda Spirit is sailing from Yokohama to LA. The Hoegh Inchon is sailing from Yokohama to Vancouver (as many do before going to LA.) and the Luna Spirit is sailing from Vancouver to LA. I would imagine at least one of them is carrying some Leafs. Judging by the delivery dates people are getting for 2012s, my guess is that ones on board would still be 2011s.

MaryC said:
The World Spirit has just left Tacoma and is heading to Los Angeles for a Sunday arrival.

FWIW, my 2011 has an estimated date of Week of Sept. 29. I am in the Bay Area of California. So I presume mine is on one of those closer ships.

If your informed to turn on carwings 30 days before delivery, does that mean you get your vin number? Does it mean it has been shipped?

If your Carwings is activated most likely the car is in the Los Angeles port and is being processed for shipment to the dealer.

Leaftogo1 said:
I hope to hear something when it arrives at least in LB, or is loaded on the train east.

Not all vehicles come in through Long Beach.
My vehicle bought from Newton Nissan, in Gallatin, TN came in through Jacksonville, FL.
Some others in TN have reported their vehicle came in through Newport News.
But some TN deliveries have come in through Long Beach.

Leaftogo1 said:
If your informed to turn on carwings 30 days before delivery, does that mean you get your vin number? Does it mean it has been shipped?
When you set up Carwings, you will see your VIN, assigned to "MyLeaf". Later, you can go to the user's portal and see it. I now have a VIN in the 9000's, due into my dealer (Premier San Jose) week of Oct. 10.

Back