Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any more ships coming in at the end of May?

Just got off Nissan CS and they told me there is a shipment expected end of May.

Only ship that's left Oppama recently is the Phoenix, but it's currently headed the wrong direction.

There was one other ship in Oppama a few days ago, but can't remember the name - but it didn't appear to ever go to Long Beach.

Any other ship would have had to have left at least a couple days ago to make it to Long Beach by the end of the month.

drees said:
Only ship that's left Oppama recently is the Phoenix, but it's currently headed the wrong direction.

There was one other ship in Oppama a few days ago, but can't remember the name - but it didn't appear to ever go to Long Beach.

Any other ship would have had to have left at least a couple days ago to make it to Long Beach by the end of the month.

Thanks for the info drees.

My dashboard says June. Both CS and PD don't have any further information except that CS indicated to me today that my car should be delivered "end of June". Therefore, I am trying to determine the ship that potentially has my car in its cargo.

If there are no ships coming into Long Beach end of May, does it mean I will not see my car even at end of June?

mxp said:
drees said:

Thanks for the info drees.

My dashboard says June. Both CS and PD don't have any further information except that CS indicated to me today that my car should be delivered "end of June". Therefore, I am trying to determine the ship that potentially has my car in its cargo.

If there are no ships coming into Long Beach end of May, does it mean I will not see my car even at end of June?

If I were a betting man, I would bet that your last sentence here is pretty accurate. I'm in (or not 0n?) the same boat. No pun intended :(

mxp said:
My dashboard says June. Both CS and PD don't have any further information except that CS indicated to me today that my car should be delivered "end of June".
Welcome to the club. :)
mxp said:
Therefore, I am trying to determine the ship that potentially has my car in its cargo.
This thread is the right place. :)
mxp said:
My theory is:

1. To maintain a June deliveries must be be in port already - it seems to take 2-6 weeks to prep/deliver a car. It takes 10-15 days for a boat to get from Oppama to Long Beach depending on the route and stops.
2. Any remaining June cars were on the last ship to dock (Andromeda Spirit on the 14th) - and haven't reached the step in processing where customer dashboards update w/the week-of date and VIN. Typically this seems to happen between 2-7 days of the ship docking.
3. We did see some VINs a couple days after United Spirit docked - but no more since then.
4. There was a big gap in VINs between the last batch of VINs and the ones revealed last week (~2500-3200) - I'm guessing these cars were on the Andromeda Spirit and we should be seeing them any day now if it did indeed have LEAFs on it.
5. If June cars aren't on the Andromeda Spirit - June deliveries will slip to July because of #1.

My earlier post in the June deliveries thread w/data from my dealer's NNAnet access expresses doubt that my car is actually on it's way given it has a May production month - both United Spirit and Andromeda Spirit left Japan in late April. Ecotality seems to think my ETA is ~June 22 - we'll know soon enough if that holds up or not.

drees said:
< cut >
My earlier post in the June deliveries thread w/data from my dealer's NNAnet access expresses doubt that my car is actually on it's way given it has a May production month - both United Spirit and Andromeda Spirit left Japan in late April. Ecotality seems to think my ETA is ~June 22 - we'll know soon enough if that holds up or not.

Thanks for the scenario hypothesis. You are probably correct. Sigh! I am utterly disappointed to say the least.

My PD did not provide any information from NNAnet access when i spoke to him earlier today. i will check again tomorrow.

drees said:
For what it's worth, through all of my conversations with Nissan CS and with what I have seen on this board, my theory is that Nissan's definition of 'production' or 'build', includes certain steps taken at the US port. So your May production month may still allow for ship that left in April and a delivery that occurs in June.
BTW -Ecotality also said that Nissan told them to June 22 for my estimated delivery date. However my dealer says that Nissan gave them a June 11th delivery date for my car (you might want check your with dealer as well).

drees said:
LALeaf said:
For what it's worth, through all of my conversations with Nissan CS and with what I have seen on this board, my theory is that Nissan's definition of 'production' or 'build', includes certain steps taken at the US port. So your May production month may still allow for ship that left in April and a delivery that occurs in June.
BTW -Ecotality also said that Nissan told them to June 22 for my estimated delivery date. However my dealer says that Nissan gave them a June 11th delivery date for my car (you might want check your with dealer as well).
In support of my theory above, note that in threat titled 'Eastern Port of Entry'
aleph5 said:
Got my car last Friday :D. Interesting to note that the "final assembly" on the sticker is not Long Beach, but Norfolk. This doesn't come up in a search, so apparently the few eastern U.S. deliveries have allowed this to fly under the radar on MNL. However many Norfolk has received I have no idea, but this may explain confusion over the various reported numbers of cars in the country at certain times (1000, 1500, etc.).
I would think 'final assembly' is part of the 'production' of the car.

It looks like the World Spirit is likely the next ship in. It left Oppama on 5/14 heading to West Canada. It will probably head to LA after that. That seems to be the pattern lately.

MaryC said:
It looks like the World Spirit is likely the next ship in. It left Oppama on 5/14 heading to West Canada. It will probably head to LA after that. That seems to be the pattern lately.
Holy crap - good catch. I totally missed that it was heading to Vancouver (NEW WESTMJ == Vancouver - it was even on my status post that I update). That must be the ship that mxp said is due to arrive in Long Beach at the end of the month bearing LEAFs.

drees said:
My theory is:

1. To maintain a June delivery must be be in port already - it seems to take 2-6 weeks to prep/deliver a car. It takes 10-15 days for a boat to get from Oppama to Long Beach depending on the route and stops.
2. Any remaining June cars were on the last ship to dock (Andromeda Spirit on the 14th) - and haven't reached the step in processing where customer dashboards update w/the week-of date and VIN. Typically this seems to happen between 2-7 days of the ship docking.
2-6 weeks from port arrival to delivery is a rough estimate. Some vehicles that arrived Long Beach on 03-24-11 haven't been delivered yet.
There's been a lot of debate about when the dashboard assigns a week of delivery and opens the owner portal giving a VIN #.
In my case, I got a week of delivery projection on the dashboard and the VIN # from the owner's portal about 3 weeks after the vehicle was manufactured. Since it was manufactured on 03-10-11, is highly unlikely that it arrived at Long Beach until the Hoegn Inchon docked on 04-24-11.
So at least on my order I was notified of the VIN around the time the vehicle was leaving Oppama.
But Nissan has been making changes / adjustments.
Take a look at the separate post in the spreadsheet topic:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949&p=89781#p89781
On May 09, the spreadsheet showed four VINS which had a Dealer Dashboard Ordered On Date of several weeks after the manufactured date. I initially thought that must be erroneous, but I think it is correct. I believe it indicates Nissan has been doing some reassignment of vehicles / VINS after they were manufactured.
So some people with June projections could be getting reassigned vehicles. And the two ships currently headed to Long Beach could result in June deliveries too. I got lucky and my delivery was 3 weeks after the ship's arrival in Long Beach.

TimLee said:
In my case, I got a week of delivery projection on the dashboard and the VIN # from the owner's portal about 3 weeks after the vehicle was manufactured. Since it was manufactured on 03-10-11, is highly unlikely that it arrived at Long Beach until the Hoegn Inchon docked on 04-24-11.
So at least on my order I was notified of the VIN around the time the vehicle was leaving Oppama.
Your car could have been on the World Spirit which docked in Long Beach on April 11 and left Japan in late March.

drees said:
My theory is:

1. To maintain a June deliveries must be be in port already - it seems to take 2-6 weeks to prep/deliver a car. It takes 10-15 days for a boat to get from Oppama to Long Beach depending on the route and stops.

Don’t hold your breath. I agree with the boat taking 15 days; however, my Leaf, VIN# 2012, left port 3/10 and arrive 3/26 and it has been setting in Long beach ever since (almost 60 days). My current estimated delivery is 5/31 so I might as well be a June delivery and I will feel lucky to get it in June. I do not understand why it takes more than 60 days for to ship a car from Long Beach to San Leandro, 475 miles. :evil:

Jim

JimLovewell said:
I do not understand why it takes more than 60 days for to ship a car from Long Beach to San Leandro, 475 miles.

Jim

I don't know either. The cynic in me says that Nissan was very unsure if the "fix" for the AC issue was actually going to fix the issue, so they are waiting until some real world data rolls in from those fixed cars in the field before going through the embarrassment of recalling all of the cars in port that have been fixed if the fix didn't work. To cover, they are blaming lack of rugs for the delay.

drees said:
TimLee said:
Your car could have been on the World Spirit which docked in Long Beach on May 11 and left Japan in late April.
Impossible. No way it could arrive Long Beach 05-11-11, have A/C firmware change done which CS advised was done at port, and have options added, and be rail shipped to TN and arrive at dealer on 05-16-11.
Fairly unlikely it made it onto the ship that left Oppama on 03-10-11 on the same day it was manufactured. So almost certain that it arrived Long Beach on Hoegn Inchon on 04-24-11.

I hope and pray the few cars that arrived Long Beach in late March that haven't been delivered yet get to their new owners soon. The two months is hard to fathom. But I think it is unlikely that Nissan is holding them based on A/C firmware uncertainties. Probably is the paint problem with pollen. But hard to see how it could take this long. Are they hand polishing them with micro abrasives, or repainting them?

TimLee said:
drees said:
Your car could have been on the World Spirit which docked in Long Beach on May 11 and left Japan in late April.
Impossible. No way it could arrive Long Beach 05-11-11, have A/C firmware change done which CS advised was done at port, and have options added, and be rail shipped to TN and arrive at dealer on 05-16-11.
Fairly unlikely it made it onto the ship that left Oppama on 03-10-11 on the same day it was manufactured. So almost certain that it arrived Long Beach on Hoegn Inchon on 04-24-11.
Sorry - I meant "docked in Long Beach on April 11 and left Japan in late March" - edited my original post.

drees said:
MaryC said:
Holy crap - good catch. I totally missed that it was heading to Vancouver (NEW WESTMJ == Vancouver - it was even on my status post that I update). That must be the ship that mxp said is due to arrive in Long Beach at the end of the month bearing LEAFs.

Thanks MaryC and drees! Will keep an eye on the World Spirit!
:)

drees said:
The Grand Cosmo docked in Long Beach this morning. It was at the Oppama port on May 3rd so seems very likely to have LEAFs on it.
And its a big one, 6400 car capacity! Of course not all Leafs. What are the Luna Spirit and World Spirit, like 3000 or so cars?

Back