Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grand Cosmo is now in San Diego having left Long Beach this morning.

World Spirit is approaching Vancouver - presumably will stop in Long Beach shortly afterwards.

Hoegh Inchon is on it's way to Long Beach as well - eta June 7.

That should be a lot of cars in the next couple weeks in Long Beach...

Looks Like World Spirit is behind schedule. Should have make port in Vancouver yesterday.

LALeaf said:
World Spirit is well over due to Vancouver.

Hm.... it seems that already been there, or close enough:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=9&oldmmsi=636011023&olddate=5/26/2011%2012:59:00%20PM

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=9&oldmmsi=636011023&olddate=5/27/2011%2010:06:00%20PM

Ship spotting! While crossing the Straights of Georgia in British Columbia 5/27 I saw two car carriers heading out from Vancouver BC on Friday evening around 5pm. One was was gray/white w/ red banding, the other was blue/white and each was riding low in the water. I can only hope one of those was carrying my car and yours!

drees said:
Triumph Ace just left Oppama and is on it's way to Long Beach - eta June 1. I'd expect the World Spirit to get there a couple days before it after stopping in Vancouver if it stops at the usual ports on the way.
Triumph Ace is about to dock at the Port of LA.

Looks like the Hoegh Inchon is a little early (they were supposed to arrive tomorrow @ 5p, but the ship is already in range of LB!)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=564185000

I hope many of the mid-late June deliveries are on this puppy! Probably VINs in the 4000+?

Zhaohui said:
Is there any update about ship coming to long beach currently?

Thanks

I've only followed what the other people in the thread had posted, but looking at the current location of the 3 ships people have been tracking, it looks like World Spirit is currently offshore of Japan and headed this direction (I could be off here).

The other two ships don't look like they are going to be docked in the US for quite some time (one near Alaska headed away from NA, and the other headed towards Taiwan).

So maybe one of the marine traffic gurus can chime in here and help me out.

Speaking to Nissan CS today after my DB updated and CarWings opened, I was told that my Leaf is currently on a boat headed here. Looking at the previously tracked ships, it looks like World Spirit is the most likely ship. At the current location and using it's previous travel time from Japan to LB, it looks like it should arrive in about 15 days.

This accurately reflects a DB estimate of week of July 29th 2011 (assuming 2-3 weeks for unloading, customs, and transport to TN). So would someone else look and see if what I'm speculating sounds about right?

If it is true, most people that just had their DB update to a July estimate can expect to track the World Spirit for their Leafs.

Edit-- Looks like some keener eyes pointed out that if you've received a VIN since 6/22/11, your car was most likely aboard ANDROMEDA SPIRIT which recently left the port. See posts below.

Beachcliffs said:
Why no conversation about Andromeda Spirit? I was on a tour of the ports of LA/Long Beach on Wednesday evening this week, and we sailed right by Andromeda at the Nissan Dock.

I must have missed that ship (only saw 3 consistent ships being tracked) which is why I was asking for another set of eyes. My only thought with that is my car was set for manufacture in June, and even though best case it was manufactured June 1st, that'd be cutting it awful close to already be at LB.

I'll have to check out the itenarary log for that ship. Although it'd be more likely that early July (and late June) cars will be coming off that ship. Having the ability to drive by and see which ships are docked is something I don't have.

The World Spirit is heading to the west coast, but if your Carwing opened up I would suspect that your Leaf is already in the LA port. Both the Andromeda Spirit and the Luna Spirit are recent visitors to LA and are on their way back to Japan. Your car probably came in on one them. Good luck with the final countdown to ownership.

Good eyes on the ship recently at port. Looking thru it's itenarary history it lines up exactly with when my carwings opened up and when my estimate delivery got updated.

And here I was thinking the long pole in the tent was the 10-15 day journey from Japan to LB. Thanks again for the tips, good to be well informed (as opposed to malinformed based on my own findings).

TNLeaf, I have the same est delivery that you do (week of 7/29). My dealer informed me that my manufacture date was 6/13/11. My Carwings opened up on 6/23/11. My status is SIT. Knowing your manufacture date might help you determine which ship your car is / was on. Because my car was built on 6/13, I don't think it was on AS or LS, but might be on WS. The problem with being on WS is that when she was in Japan, it doesn't look like she docked at the Oppama Warf on either of her two stops. I thought the Oppama Warf was where the LEAFs were loaded, but I could be wrong.

SteveS said:
TNLeaf, I have the same est delivery that you do (week of 7/29). My dealer informed me that my manufacture date was 6/13/11. My Carwings opened up on 6/23/11. My status is SIT. Knowing your manufacture date might help you determine which ship your car is / was on. Because my car was built on 6/13, I don't think it was on AS or LS, but might be on WS. The problem with being on WS is that when she was in Japan, it doesn't look like she docked at the Oppama Warf on either of her two stops. I thought the Oppama Warf was where the LEAFs were loaded, but I could be wrong.

Yeh I've sent my dealer an email asking about the manufacture date. (earlier this month all he had was 6/2011). I haven't heard back from him yet, but you're right the manufacture date will help figure out what ship our Leafs are possibly on.

SteveS said:

SteveS,

I got my DoM as 6/14/2011, so you're right, it looks like our cars would not have made it on the Adromeda Spirit nor the Luna Spirit. However, talking to Nissan CS, they told me that my car was in port (in the US, I made sure to clarify) waiting delivery to my dealer. So hearing from others on this board that when CarWings opens up and your VIN is available normally occurs when your car makes it to the US port, and the fact that Nissan CS told me that the car was at port in the US, makes me think that are cars are here.

Now what ship they came on... that's another puzzle to me.

TNleaf said:
SteveS said:

SteveS,

I got my DoM as 6/14/2011, so you're right, it looks like our cars would not have made it on the Adromeda Spirit nor the Luna Spirit. However, talking to Nissan CS, they told me that my car was in port (in the US, I made sure to clarify) waiting delivery to my dealer. So hearing from others on this board that when CarWings opens up and your VIN is available normally occurs when your car makes it to the US port, and the fact that Nissan CS told me that the car was at port in the US, makes me think that are cars are here.

I was told mine was in port here in the US as well and my carwings just opened this morning. It only takes about 8 days to get across the ocean if the seas are right so it's possible that they did make it, but were probably the last ones loaded before setting sail.

TNleaf said:
SteveS said:

SteveS,

Aren't there steps in the manufacture that occur after the cars arrive in the destination country? Perhaps it is the date when the car completes those steps, that is stated as your date of manufacture, not the date it left the factory in Japan???

Back