Tire life / front tire wearing faster

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OP here :
Live and drive in sunny central coast California, really not much rain, only short city drives with a few freeways here and there.

All drive is in ECO mode, but it still spins some at start. Like I and another commenter said, the erosion is from the starts , not miles with daily short drives.

So Q : with 3/32” left on front, 4/32” on the rear , should I replace them with warranty now?

Or wait till they go to 2/32”?

gncndad said:
DrR:
1) It would be helpful if you'd tell us where you live and drive. This could be a critical point in this discussion.
2) Nissan recommended PSI is low, in my opinion. It gives a more comfortable ride, but, in my experience, will wear tires. I run mine around 40-42psi, Bridgestone Ecopia Plus (max sidewall printed PSI is 51).
3) There's so much torque with this car, that you need to be gentle from a standing start. You could be scrubbing rubber w/o even knowing it, as it doesn't chirp or make much of a sound at all.
4) I drive all the time in ECO to avoid too much torque/tire wear. I still can give it full throttle when required, but it makes initial movement much more gentle.

Good luck finding a solution!

DrR said:
OP here :
Live and drive in sunny central coast California, really not much rain, only short city drives with a few freeways here and there.

All drive is in ECO mode, but it still spins some at start. Like I and another commenter said, the erosion is from the starts , not miles with daily short drives.

So Q : with 3/32” left on front, 4/32” on the rear , should I replace them with warranty now?

Or wait till they go to 2/32”?

gncndad said:
DrR:
1) It would be helpful if you'd tell us where you live and drive. This could be a critical point in this discussion.
2) Nissan recommended PSI is low, in my opinion. It gives a more comfortable ride, but, in my experience, will wear tires. I run mine around 40-42psi, Bridgestone Ecopia Plus (max sidewall printed PSI is 51).
3) There's so much torque with this car, that you need to be gentle from a standing start. You could be scrubbing rubber w/o even knowing it, as it doesn't chirp or make much of a sound at all.
4) I drive all the time in ECO to avoid too much torque/tire wear. I still can give it full throttle when required, but it makes initial movement much more gentle.

Good luck finding a solution!

Well I would consider your driving habits.

Are you impatient?
Tend to follow closely?
Weaver?

If so, change tires. If not, I would milk them for as much mileage as possible.

Back